Why do I keep getting emails asking to confirm a password change when I haven't requested a password change.
Emails arrive from "firstname.lastname@example.org" asking "Are you sure?". I haven't requested a password change. This arrived twice last night. Am I being hacked? Is this phishing?
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.15
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
Thông tin chi tiết
That is possible. It's also possible someone mis-typed your user name instead of their own.
Người tạo câu hỏi
Indeed. But this is not the first time. Does the email address "email@example.com" exist? The reason this worries me so much is because the account syncs passwords. If I am going to use the service I need to know it is absolutely secure. Getting these password change emails is unsettling.
Người tạo câu hỏi
Just had this happen twice more. I'd love to know if the email is genuine. I'm not sure I can trust my Firefox account while this keeps happening, Does "firstname.lastname@example.org exist?
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.
No I DID NOT SUBMIT THE INCORRECT EMAIL, I HAVE REQUESTED AT LEAST SIX TIMES!!!!
Unfortunately, I am getting ready to go back to google chrome I get and email asking if I requested, I respond yes, but never get the link. I have checked spam, junk mail, and my firewall.
Được chỉnh sửa bởi pcwilson07 vào