Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

How Do You Get Rid Of This Awful New Upate?

shaggytheshaman

Firefox just forced a terrible update on me that makes everything look round and different and I hate it so much. I don't understand why they think people want things to change all the time instead of being allowed to get familiar with something and now have it change on you without even asking if you want it to change!

Firefox just forced a terrible update on me that makes everything look round and different and I hate it so much. I don't understand why they think people want things to change all the time instead of being allowed to get familiar with something and now have it change on you without even asking if you want it to change!

All Replies (4)

Hi

Thank you for your feedback. This is the first change in about half a decade and has been done with feedback from many people.

Paul said

Hi Thank you for your feedback. This is the first change in about half a decade and has been done with feedback from many people.

How is this an answer to my question? Firefox forced a terrible update on me and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it. Do a quick Google search and you'll see that I'm not the only one with this problem -- everybody hates it. Just like the last time you changed everything and I had to dig and dig and dig to try to get rid of "Proton" or whatever it was called. My question wasn't about when the last change before this was, it was about HOW TO GET RID OF THESE CHANGES AND RETURN FIREFOX TO NORMAL. Preferrably to return it to normal the way it was before "Proton" or whatever you called it. I put in all this work to try to make Firefox normal again, and then you guys just come along with a great big middle-finger to me an all the work I put in to make sure my browser is user-friendly and accessible.

shaggytheshaman மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது

Hi

If you wish, you can install Firefox ESR, which is a slightly older older version of Firefox that will still get security updates. Please be aware that it too will update it the new design next year.

Paul said

Hi If you wish, you can install Firefox ESR, which is a slightly older older version of Firefox that will still get security updates. Please be aware that it too will update it the new design next year.

First of all -- THANK YOU! I wish I knew about Firefox ESR years ago!!!!!! But... I'm confused... isn't the point of Firefox ESR to **not** force excessive changes on the users? Wouldn't it make more sense to NOT update this to the new design, or at least to allow users to CHOOSE whether they want to switch to the new design that literally everybody hates and is complaining about? This way everyboy is happy -- the people who like the redesign and the people who hate it. I think your company has much more to gain from LISTENING to the feeback you're constantly getting every single time you do this about how much all your users hate it, than you ddo from IGNORING the feedback you're constantly getting every time you do this. It's not like this is the first time you pulled the rug out from underneath everybody and everyone hated it -- consider the awful response to Proton.

But isn't there any way to get rid of the redesign here on the version of Firefox that I already have downloaded and already have a bunch of bookmarks and passwords and all that saved in? When you guys switched to the Proton redesign, there were things you could do to put everything back to normal. Surely there's gotta be some way to do that now?

கேள்வி எழுப்பு

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.