Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

How to hide tab icons/favicons for specific websites?

Gabriel S

Hello,

I am wondering how to remove the web icons/favicon from tabs (and windows if possible) for specific websites, but not all websites. I know you can hide all favicons using 'userChrome.css' and the code:

.tabbrowser-tab .tab-icon-image { display: none !important; }

Is there any way to configure this to block just a site like Wikipedia, without blocking everything else?

Thanks.

Hello, I am wondering how to remove the web icons/favicon from tabs (and windows if possible) for specific websites, but not all websites. I know you can hide all favicons using 'userChrome.css' and the code: .tabbrowser-tab .tab-icon-image { display: none !important; } Is there any way to configure this to block just a site like Wikipedia, without blocking everything else? Thanks.

All Replies (1)

You can hide the favicon using a label selector, like for Wikipedia where the label ends with the site name (the 'i' is for case insensitive):

.tabbrowser-tab[label$="wikipedia" i] .tab-icon-image {display:none!important;}