Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

I cannot drag and drop web page icon onto bookmark toolbar. When I try it displays round circle with slash through it. The symbol for not allowed.

bthares

I cannot drag and drop web page icon onto bookmark toolbar. When I try it displays round circle with slash through it. The symbol for not allowed.

I cannot drag and drop web page icon onto bookmark toolbar. When I try it displays round circle with slash through it. The symbol for not allowed.

All Replies (5)

Drag from the Location Bar? Or are you trying to drag from a Tab?

Try to hold down the Ctrl key while dragging the icon on the Bookmarks Toolbar to make a copy.

Tried both neither work.

Did not solve the problem.

Also just saving a web site as a bookmark does not update.