Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

why does TB keep asking me up update when I have the latest already installed?

Bill99

Have 68.2.2. Keep getting popup within TB saying that I need to download the latest when the latest is already installed?

Have 68.2.2. Keep getting popup within TB saying that I need to download the latest when the latest is already installed?
Read this answer in context

Suluhisho teule

Guess I'm getting my problems confused. The "download latest" issue has gone away.

All Replies (5)

Kaspersky anti-virus is causing this effect for many users. See https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1271866?page=2#answer-1266662

I see you also posted https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1272431

Bill, was Kaspersky the cause of your problem??

By manually re-downloading the plug-ins, I got them to work. So it seems. So, I would say KIS was not the the problem source. Thx.

Bill99 said

Have 68.2.2. Keep getting popup within TB saying that I need to download the latest when the latest is already installed?

Bill99 said

By manually re-downloading the plug-ins, I got them to work. So it seems. So, I would say KIS was not the the problem source. Thx.


I am confused. You have apparently solved some problem, but I have no idea what it was.

Suluhisho teule

Guess I'm getting my problems confused. The "download latest" issue has gone away.