Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Denna tråd har arkiverats. Ställ en ny fråga om du behöver hjälp.
Arkiverad

cursor

sjoerd808

Hello,

Since I have upgraded to Firefox 5, I have a problem scrolling through pages using the keyboard keys. Running Ff in Safe Mode does not help.

On each webpage, a cursor blinks somewhere as if I'm in a text editor. Using the UP/DN/LE/RG arrow keys, I am able to scroll through these text fields as if I am text-editing the webpage.

Clearly, I don't want that: I use arrow keys want to scroll through a webpage. But this is no longer possible UP/DN keys make me cycle through different text panes on the page!

Please help? Best, S.

Hello, Since I have upgraded to Firefox 5, I have a problem scrolling through pages using the keyboard keys. Running Ff in Safe Mode does not help. On each webpage, a cursor blinks somewhere as if I'm in a text editor. Using the UP/DN/LE/RG arrow keys, I am able to scroll through these text fields as if I am text-editing the webpage. Clearly, I don't want that: I use arrow keys want to scroll through a webpage. But this is no longer possible UP/DN keys make me cycle through different text panes on the page! Please help? Best, S.

Alla svar (4)

You may have switched on caret browsing.

You can press press F7 (on Mac: fn + F7) to toggle caret browsing on/off.

  • Tools > Options > Advanced : General: Accessibility: [ ] "Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages"

Excellent cor-el, that solved it. Thanks!

You're welcome

I have been trying like mad to figure that out. Thank you.