Thunderbird freeze
Thunderbird freeze at startup, what i saw is if some tabs are open (more then 1) it happens, if i close them it open normally
Thunderbird freeze at startup, what i saw is if some tabs are open (more then 1) it happens, if i close them it open normally
I downgraded to Firefox 140ESR yesterday to get rid of the silly circles and gradients. The update was so visually distracting I found the browser to be unusable. However… (lexoni më tepër)
I downgraded to Firefox 140ESR yesterday to get rid of the silly circles and gradients. The update was so visually distracting I found the browser to be unusable. However, now almost any website I visit gives me a Gah your tab just crashed. Is there a way to fix this while staying on 140ESR? Please refrain from answering if your solution is to upgrade. Thanks.
When I try to start Thunderbird on my Windows 11 laptop it does not start properly It is haging ond after a whike i get a message that thunderbird does not respond ("sva… (lexoni më tepër)
When I try to start Thunderbird on my Windows 11 laptop it does not start properly It is haging ond after a whike i get a message that thunderbird does not respond ("svarar inte" in swedish). Sometimes if I try to reinstall Thunderbird it starts up, But today nothing happens.
Podemos ayudar en una buena versión del aparato o dispositivo
I am not able to view my email in Thunderbird; the welcome page remains frozen not allowing me to get to email.
I wanted to share a specific startup freeze loop I encountered today. I had a moderate number of tabs open in Thunderbird when I quit the app. I had set up a single IMAP … (lexoni më tepër)
I wanted to share a specific startup freeze loop I encountered today.
I had a moderate number of tabs open in Thunderbird when I quit the app. I had set up a single IMAP message filter yesterday to automatically move incoming automated text alerts into their own folder (causing about 50–60 small emails arriving in quick succession this morning at startup).
The Problem: Upon starting up, the app almost immediately choked and became unresponsive. Unlike the freeze report by another user here on August 21st.
My Workaround: After a few attempts to open Thunderbird I managed to break the freeze loop by instantly closing the single open UI window right at startup. This kept T-bird running invisibly in the macOS background. It seemed that without the need of rendering the UI, the background engine successfully completed all the IMAP syncing and filtering tasks.
When I brought Thunderbird back to the foreground, all my open tabs instantly "snapped", and the app has been perfectly stable since. I haven't tried to replicate this due to the fear of breaking the current stability.
Has anyone else recently noticed Thunderbird freezing under similar conditions lately? Let us know if this workaround helps you get past your startup freezes too!
Been happening for almost 2 months now and getting more frequent. What happens is FF opens normally , but reacts sluggishly. Many instances of "not responding". When I cl… (lexoni më tepër)
Been happening for almost 2 months now and getting more frequent. What happens is FF opens normally , but reacts sluggishly. Many instances of "not responding". When I close the program , it takes several minutes to close. In Task Manager , it shows disk usage at 100% , CPU at as high as 50% , and memory at 4 gigs prior to crashing. This is on a Windows 11 Pro system with the latest updates and the latest FF.
Below are the 5 latest crash reports:
bp-334499b7-2a53-4f19-af94-cc82f0260928 bp-04a56a0a-6e85-42c0-ab03-024b80260927 bp-b0bc8d1f-0ec1-484f-bd49-aaf510260927 bp-68939250-e3c8-4bfe-9e2f-7dbcc0260926 bp-7895f7cf-32a8-48cf-a81b-f7b460260926
For about 2 weeks, EVERY time I try to write an email, after typing a few lines or so, the whole window 'grays out' and becomes UN-responsive. I get no error message. Wai… (lexoni më tepër)
For about 2 weeks, EVERY time I try to write an email, after typing a few lines or so, the whole window 'grays out' and becomes UN-responsive. I get no error message. Waiting for it to respond doesn't work and I have to close out and re-start Thunderbird. Sometimes Thunderbird will have saved some portion of my email in my 'Drafts' folder, but not reliably, so I have to frequently 'Control + S' - save it to avoid having to re-type the entire message again. Troubleshoot Mode doesn't help, nor does clearing the cache. I've been hoping an update would come up that would solve this, either from Thunderbird or Windows (11), but not so far. Please tell me how I should resolve this - I have used Thunderbird for years (and regularly contribute too) and don't want to have to change to different email client.
Recently I cannot use Paypal to process any online payment on Firefox without the browser crashing. OS: Windows 11 25H2 Reproduction steps: a vendor would have a Paypal … (lexoni më tepër)
Recently I cannot use Paypal to process any online payment on Firefox without the browser crashing.
OS: Windows 11 25H2 Reproduction steps: a vendor would have a Paypal button. I would click on it and Firefox would open a pop-up window briefly before crashing.
The pop-up window is normal behaviour for how Paypal processing has worked on Firefox in the past. I have tried turning off potential content blockers: 3rd-party userscripts loading through ViolentMonkey, content blockers via AdNaseaum, and Enhanced Tracking Protection to no effect.
So, similar to this post but I haven't downgraded, only upgraded. OS: Windows 11 (26100.8893) Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:153.0) Gecko/20100101 … (lexoni më tepër)
So, similar to this post but I haven't downgraded, only upgraded.
OS: Windows 11 (26100.8893) Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:153.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/153.0
I can load it up in the morning, load all my standard tabs, then not too long into it a tab will 'crash' and require a reload. The reload then says its a dramatic crash and the whole browser needs to restart. Soft or Hard (i.e. "Exit") restarts always then ask to create a new profile on startup. This means I lose so much configuration (settings, etc) that is not in the Account Sync, meaning huge amounts of time have been wasted setting Firefox back up again every day.
When I go to about:profiles I can see all the old and new profiles (recently cleaned up all the old ones).
I do use my FF Account across various versions of Firefox (run a linux OS that still has a 14x version - need to upgrade OS to get more recent, but its a significant upgrade that had previously failed so not high on my 'want to resolve' list) - all the Windows OS's have the latest FF.
Some pages keep crashing and need to be restored. Even if I open new tabs, once I get to them most of the time they have crashed and need to reloaded too. Even after relo… (lexoni më tepër)
Some pages keep crashing and need to be restored. Even if I open new tabs, once I get to them most of the time they have crashed and need to reloaded too. Even after reloading they will continue to crash. This after Firefox's latest update.
The file or directory is corrupted and readable
How to roll back the last updates.
Can you advise how I can unfreeze my tabs and menus?
I have been using Thunderbird for years with no problems. However recently, Thunderbird very often simply stops responding. Sometimes it just hangs up and sometimes the… (lexoni më tepër)
I have been using Thunderbird for years with no problems. However recently, Thunderbird very often simply stops responding. Sometimes it just hangs up and sometimes the program bar at the top displays "Mozilla Thunderbird (Not Responding)". If I try to wait for it to respond, it literally hangs for several minutes before it begins to respond again, and often, it simply never starts responding again. It has simply gotten to the point where Thunderbird is practically unusable. All my other application software continues to work with no problems. It's just Thumderbird.
The version number in this submission may not be correct. I can't provide the real version number because of the hangups.
Any suggestions?
Was on version 115, had this problem. Updated to version 155, same problem. One of the email accounts I set up on Thunderbird is redacted1@lake48.net, registered with 123… (lexoni më tepër)
Was on version 115, had this problem. Updated to version 155, same problem. One of the email accounts I set up on Thunderbird is redacted1@lake48.net, registered with 123-Reg. However, this is a forwarding address and has no email server, which is why I am getting the error now.
Messages addressed to redacted1@lake48.net are forwarded to redacted2@lake48.net, which does have a server, My system was to download from there and use a rule to divert the incoming message to my redacted1@lake48.net Inbox. This has worked OK until now. Thunderbird gives me this error right at the start and then does not respond, so I cannot get in to investigate account settings, and cannot access emails in other accounts such as gmail. 123-Reg has today changed its system, assuring me I don't need to change anything. Clearly I do, but I can't get in to change it.
What should I do to resolve this? I have no other access to my emails.
Are DAILY, multiple crashes due to not updating Windows?
The Firefox Browser crashed three four times last week. Mozzila Support team after study, gave a comment that RAM capacity is Low( 4 GB in my case , laptop). Does it soun… (lexoni më tepër)
The Firefox Browser crashed three four times last week. Mozzila Support team after study, gave a comment that RAM capacity is Low( 4 GB in my case , laptop). Does it sound OK? Why it does not happen with Chrome or Microsoft One edge Browser? I asked this to Google Gemini. The answer is as given below: Yes, the Mozilla Support team’s explanation sounds entirely accurate.A capacity of 4 GB RAM is extremely low for a modern laptop running an operating system like Windows 10 or 11 alongside modern web applications. The operating system itself routinely consumes 2 GB to 2.5 GB of RAM just to keep your computer running, leaving very little leftover memory for heavy multitasking. Both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge use built-in "efficiency modes" and aggressive tab-sleeping algorithms. When your computer begins running out of RAM, Chrome and Edge will silently put inactive tabs to "sleep" to free up memory before the browser crashes. [1] (https://www.superchargebrowser.com/library/firefox-vs-chrome-ram-usage-2026/) Good Solutions to Fix the Crashes- 1. Software Adjustments (Free & Immediate)If you want to keep using Firefox smoothly on 4 GB of RAM, you need to minimize its memory footprint:Reduce Firefox's Content Process Limit: By default, Firefox uses multiple processes for performance. You can lower this to restrict its memory use:Type about:config in the Firefox address bar and press Enter.Accept the warning.Search for dom.ipc.processCount.Double-click it and change the value to 1 or 2. This forces Firefox to use fewer system resources. [1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox)Enable Memory Minimization: If the browser starts slowing down, type about:memory in the address bar and click the Minimize memory usage button under the Free memory section.Use a Tab Suspender Extension: Install a lightweight add-on like Auto Tab Discard from the Firefox Add-ons store. It mimics Chrome's behavior by automatically putting background tabs to sleep.Turn Off Hardware Acceleration: Sometimes, your computer's integrated graphics conflict with Firefox under low memory conditions. Go to Firefox Settings > type "hardware" in the search box > uncheck Use recommended performance settings > uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available. [1] (https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/1pp9z79/firefox_using_massive_amounts_of_ram_and_slowing/), [2] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtXt_jw2tww). This Method I tried, but did not work-Firefox to use fewer system resources. Can you suggest how to reduce or minimize its memory footprint?
I mostly watch YouTube channels on Firefox on my laptop, but recently have had to change over to Microsoft Edge browser to watch YouTube. The reason is that during a chan… (lexoni më tepër)
I mostly watch YouTube channels on Firefox on my laptop, but recently have had to change over to Microsoft Edge browser to watch YouTube. The reason is that during a channel stream, when an ad wants to play, YouTube and Firefox freeze and the only way to exit the screen is to either attempt to close YouTube or even open Task Manager to shut down all instances of the Firefox software. Firefox is by far my preferred browser and I'm frustrated that it is unusable in its current state. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but this did not work. Thank you in advance for your help.
Graham Caveill
Since 3rd September 2026 Thunderbird opens a system integration window and then goes to not responding. I cannot access my emails through this software at all at the mom… (lexoni më tepër)
Since 3rd September 2026 Thunderbird opens a system integration window and then goes to not responding. I cannot access my emails through this software at all at the moment as there's no way past his pop up. Version 153.1.1, Windows 11 Home.