Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Kërkoni te Asistenca

Shmangni karremëzime gjoja asistence. S’do t’ju kërkojmë kurrë të bëni një thirrje apo të dërgoni tekst te një numër telefoni, apo të na jepni të dhëna personale. Ju lutemi, raportoni veprimtari të dyshimtë duke përdorur mundësinë “Raportoni Abuzim”.

Mësoni Më Tepër
Solved Arkivuar

ATI Radeon 9200 disabled, no new driver available

coccodrilletto

Firefox disabled video acceleration for ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 card in my old SONY notebook. No updated driver will be provided by SONY, as the notebook is old. Generic drivers from ATI are not available either, because Mobility Radeon are for OEM to customize and support, OEM will not update/support models they sold out a few years ago. Video flash used to work, until disabled by Firefox because of alleged crashes. I didn't experience crashes, anyway I'd prefer to risk a crash once in a while than dump the notebook altogether. I'd given it to my kid and for his needs it was just fine.

Firefox disabled video acceleration for ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 card in my old SONY notebook. No updated driver will be provided by SONY, as the notebook is old. Generic drivers from ATI are not available either, because Mobility Radeon are for OEM to customize and support, OEM will not update/support models they sold out a few years ago. Video flash used to work, until disabled by Firefox because of alleged crashes. I didn't experience crashes, anyway I'd prefer to risk a crash once in a while than dump the notebook altogether. I'd given it to my kid and for his needs it was just fine.

Krejt Përgjigjet (2)

Zgjidhja e Zgjedhur

Thanks, I tried that, video was still skippy though. Then as a last resort I also installed the latest available unofficial "Omega" drivers for this videocard (which are outdated as well, according to Firefox requires). Both things, together ("force" settings + Omega drivers) seem to do the trick. I can't imagine why, but it works. Thanks for your answer, Coccodrilletto