Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Kërkoni te Asistenca

Shmangni karremëzime gjoja asistence. S’do t’ju kërkojmë kurrë të bëni një thirrje apo të dërgoni tekst te një numër telefoni, apo të na jepni të dhëna personale. Ju lutemi, raportoni veprimtari të dyshimtë duke përdorur mundësinë “Raportoni Abuzim”.

Mësoni Më Tepër
Arkivuar

How do I disable the pinned sites on the 'New Tab' When in private browsing mode

surge

I regularly use the pinned sites on the New Tab feature. However on the occasion when I enable private browsing mode, I would like to not have them appear. Today I enabled Private Browsing Mode, thinking that history, cache etc wouldn't be visible when the New Tab was created. The pinned sites that I had are visible still. not the actual thumbnail, but the name. I know I can toggle it off, but all it takes is someone to toggle it on and the sites are visible again. I thought 'Private Mode was truly Private.

I regularly use the pinned sites on the New Tab feature. However on the occasion when I enable private browsing mode, I would like to not have them appear. Today I enabled Private Browsing Mode, thinking that history, cache etc wouldn't be visible when the New Tab was created. The pinned sites that I had are visible still. not the actual thumbnail, but the name. I know I can toggle it off, but all it takes is someone to toggle it on and the sites are visible again. I thought 'Private Mode was truly Private.

Krejt Përgjigjet (1)

The thunbnails you have that are generated when you are browsing normally are visible in private browsing. The only thing Private Browsing does is to not save any information created in that session. so if you already have a bunch of new tab thumbnails that you created while using Firefox normally, they will be there during private browsing. however anything you visit while you ar using private browsing won't be saved.