Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Kërkoni te Asistenca

Shmangni karremëzime gjoja asistence. S’do t’ju kërkojmë kurrë të bëni një thirrje apo të dërgoni tekst te një numër telefoni, apo të na jepni të dhëna personale. Ju lutemi, raportoni veprimtari të dyshimtë duke përdorur mundësinë “Raportoni Abuzim”.

Mësoni Më Tepër
Arkivuar

Why does the Adobe Acrobat plugin crash everytime I open a PDF?

WDWPhishFan

I am currently running the Firefox 11.0, which is the most up-to-date version as of this writing. Every time I open a PDF file, it says that "Adobe Acrobat plugin has crashed". I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, which came as part of my school's standard software package. The Mozilla website says I have the most up-to-date version of the Acrobat plugin.

P.S. I recently updated my version of Adobe Reader X to try to fix the problem, but that didn't work. I'm not entirely sure how Reader is related to Acrobat, so I don't know if that would affect my ability to read PDFs in Firefox.

I am currently running the Firefox 11.0, which is the most up-to-date version as of this writing. Every time I open a PDF file, it says that "Adobe Acrobat plugin has crashed". I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, which came as part of my school's standard software package. The Mozilla website says I have the most up-to-date version of the Acrobat plugin. P.S. I recently updated my version of Adobe Reader X to try to fix the problem, but that didn't work. I'm not entirely sure how Reader is related to Acrobat, so I don't know if that would affect my ability to read PDFs in Firefox.

Krejt Përgjigjet (1)

hi WDWPhishFan,

Have you looked at Adobe Flash plugin has crashed - Prevent it from happening again and View and edit PDF files using Firefox’s built-in viewer?

The first article has a lot of good troubleshooting steps that might help. The second article actual lists a couple of plugins that can be used for opening PDF files. I'd give both of them a try just in case.

Hopefully this helps!