Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Kërkoni te Asistenca

Shmangni karremëzime gjoja asistence. S’do t’ju kërkojmë kurrë të bëni një thirrje apo të dërgoni tekst te një numër telefoni, apo të na jepni të dhëna personale. Ju lutemi, raportoni veprimtari të dyshimtë duke përdorur mundësinë “Raportoni Abuzim”.

Mësoni Më Tepër
Solved

Thunderbird is freezing up after a few minutes or when I try to select a folder.

G Andrew Wernham

I believe with Update 154,0 my thunderbird has been freezing up. I can't see, to compress files or select some folders. After a few minutes everything freezes up. 21 AUGUST 2026

[redacted] @gmail.com


/edit: unlocked as other was made as duplicate.

I believe with Update 154,0 my thunderbird has been freezing up. I can't see, to compress files or select some folders. After a few minutes everything freezes up. 21 AUGUST 2026 [redacted] @gmail.com /edit: unlocked as other was made as duplicate.

Ndryshuar nga Wayne Mery

Lexojeni këtë përgjigje brenda kontekstit

Zgjidhja e Zgjedhur

I did this and it did not work. After a month of frustration I noticed that clicking on my Trash folder caused it to freeze up. Eventually I went to File/Empty Trash , emptied it, and it started working properly. I also deleted some archived files and compressed my folders.

Krejt Përgjigjet (6)

What is your anti-virus software?

Norton 360, Superantispyware. Whatever comes with Windows 11.

These are some generic suggestions to avoid problems with anti-virus software.

Create an exception in your anti-virus software for the Thunderbird profile folder, so that the anti-virus real-time scanner will not scan it. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-thunderbird-stores-user-data#w_how-to-find-your-profile

Don't let your anti-virus software scan incoming and outgoing messages.

Don't let your anti-virus software scan attachments.

Don't let your anti-virus software intercept your secure connection to the server.

Remove any add-ons your anti-virus software may have installed in Thunderbird.

Zgjidhja e Zgjedhur

I did this and it did not work. After a month of frustration I noticed that clicking on my Trash folder caused it to freeze up. Eventually I went to File/Empty Trash , emptied it, and it started working properly. I also deleted some archived files and compressed my folders.

Any idea how many messages might have been in trash?

Specifically, no. But a lot. I have my Gmail account set up to hold no more that 10,000 I think but have no idea if I can set up a limit in Thunderbird. I don't recall when the last time was that I emptied it. BTW, I'm a pretty unsavvy 78 year old user.

Bëni një pyetje

Duhet të bëni hyrjen te llogaria juaj që t’i përgjigjeni postimeve. Ju lutemi, filloni me një pyetje të re, nëse s’keni ende një llogari.