Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Kërkoni te Asistenca

Shmangni karremëzime gjoja asistence. S’do t’ju kërkojmë kurrë të bëni një thirrje apo të dërgoni tekst te një numër telefoni, apo të na jepni të dhëna personale. Ju lutemi, raportoni veprimtari të dyshimtë duke përdorur mundësinë “Raportoni Abuzim”.

Mësoni Më Tepër
Solved Arkivuar

Private browsing, set as default, does not work in Firefox 44.0.2 Mac. What is fix?

PadreFox

Normal page comes up, e.g. no purple, no mask, no "Private Browsing."

In this mode, if I ask for ""A New Private Window," the result is the same.

I am able to get a new private window/ private brows ing via the file menu, IF private browsing is not my default.

Normal page comes up, e.g. no purple, no mask, no "Private Browsing." In this mode, if I ask for ""A New Private Window," the result is the same. I am able to get a new private window/ private brows ing via the file menu, IF private browsing is not my default.
Lexojeni këtë përgjigje brenda kontekstit

Zgjidhja e Zgjedhur

I hadn't checked that, so it should be that you can only open a "New Private Window" when you are in permanent PB mode.

You can use an extension to get Private Browsing mode support per tab.

Krejt Përgjigjet (4)

When you are in permanent Private Browsing mode (Always use Private Browsing mode; Never Remember History) then you won't get a purple mask or see New Private Window menu item because all windows will be PB mode windows by default. You will only see the mask and PB mode menu items when you are in normal mode.

Thank you. Note: When I invoked the permanent PB mode, the "File" pulldown menu still offers "New Private Window." In my opinion, a PB confirmation should be displayed, whenever it is on. I don't understand why it is not. Though a nuisance for me, I probably will turn off the permanent PB, and manually launch a new Private window until some feedback of active PB is offered.

Zgjidhja e Zgjedhur

I hadn't checked that, so it should be that you can only open a "New Private Window" when you are in permanent PB mode.

You can use an extension to get Private Browsing mode support per tab.

That extension does work on my Mac. The developer was clever to offer private and non-private tabs, and a means to toggle them..

Re right-click: We Mac users (who do not use external mice) only have one button (or clicking the trackpad), which essentially is similar to a PC's left click. We simulate a right-click using Control-click.

Thank you for your help.