Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

How can I gc bsck to an earlier version of Firefox?

jmhorne

The current version of Firefox is very frustrating to use. It often will not let me enter a password but will send me to the saved passwords. I do not want to put all my passwords on the computer. I have 2 U tube accounts, and the new Firefox will not let me enter the account info directly, but sends me to Google. I have had to resort to using Microsoft Edge out of sheer frustration with Firefox. Previous versions of Firefox did not have these problems

The current version of Firefox is very frustrating to use. It often will not let me enter a password but will send me to the saved passwords. I do not want to put all my passwords on the computer. I have 2 U tube accounts, and the new Firefox will not let me enter the account info directly, but sends me to Google. I have had to resort to using Microsoft Edge out of sheer frustration with Firefox. Previous versions of Firefox did not have these problems

All Replies (1)

Are you sure this is not site behavior, and is caused by a specific browser version? Those "sign in with Google" widgets and funnels are decided by the sites themselves.

(So, yes, there are steps to downgrade documented, but they result in profile data loss, so you potentially want to resolve the login issues per se, rather then downgrading.)

If you want to stay signed in into two accounts for a single service at the same time, consider How to use Firefox containers which was made for this purpose, so you don't have to re–log in constantly.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.