Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Поиск в поддержке

Избегайте мошенников, выдающих себя за службу поддержки. Мы никогда не попросим вас позвонить, отправить текстовое сообщение или поделиться личной информацией. Сообщайте о подозрительной активности, используя функцию «Пожаловаться».

Подробнее
Архивировано

How can I make Thunderbird notify me it has finished synchronizing with my IMAP mail service even if it didn't download any new mail?

dragnierdraconai

I know most people only want to know when they get new mail. However, I don't always leave my client running and would like some sort of notification that it has finished synchronizing. Similar to the new mail alert, but a different sound that plays in the event that sync is finished *successfully* and no new mail was found.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if it successfully completed synchronizing because there is no notification at all. No message, no sound, nothing.

I know most people only want to know when they get new mail. However, I don't always leave my client running and would like some sort of notification that it has finished synchronizing. Similar to the new mail alert, but a different sound that plays in the event that sync is finished *successfully* and no new mail was found. Sometimes it makes me wonder if it successfully completed synchronizing because there is no notification at all. No message, no sound, nothing.

Все ответы (4)

Not using an addon that isn't listed on the actual mozilla addons page.

your use case is fairly uncommon and you seriously expect to find a setting or add-on that just does it on the Mozilla sites.

You can open the activity manager on the tools menu and observe when the sync is complete. Otherwise I think you need to reexamine your attitude to add-ons and where they come from. Or leave your mail client running.

Personally I would not be using the mailtweak add-on either, but that is because there has not been a truly compatible version for years and the longer since it was released the more likely there is to be a serious issue, not because it is not from AMO.

When I used Thunderbird for POP mail, there used to be a status message in the bottom corner that stayed long enough to let someone know the sync finished. Now that I'm using IMAP, it doesn't. Is it really that difficult to add?

Also, thanks for making me feel attacked by a moderator and that I can't even rely on the Mozilla support site anymore. I'm sorry if my personal view of 3rd party software offends you. Because of how add-ons work and interface with Mozilla products, I choose not to use those I can't obtain through the official add-ons page. I know that doesn't 100% guarantee no problems, but it sure gets close.

You read much more into what I typed than what I said. All I stated was that I didn't want to use an add-on for a Mozilla product that wasn't available via the Mozilla site. I didn't insult anyone or tell them to change their attitude.