Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pesquisar no apoio

Evite burlas no apoio. Nunca iremos solicitar que telefone ou envie uma mensagem de texto para um número de telefone ou que partilhe informações pessoais. Por favor, reporte atividades suspeitas utilizando a opção "Reportar abuso".

Saber mais
Resolvido Arquivadas

Unable to save your message as a draft. Sending of the message failed. After Thunderbird crashed. Windows 10

jwk630

I made the mistake of trying to run message filters on an inbox of about 34000 emails and thunderbird started saying 'Unable to send mail' and froze up for a long time. I had to use Task Manager to close it and then reboot the PC to get back into Thunderbird. Now I can't send emails or save drafts. I've tried repairing folders and compacting. I've tried deleting the drafts folder from the profile and I've tried pointing the account to a different drafts folder. I'm still stuck.

PS. This is my managers email I've broken while he is on holiday so he will have to be able to send emails when he gets back next week.

I made the mistake of trying to run message filters on an inbox of about 34000 emails and thunderbird started saying 'Unable to send mail' and froze up for a long time. I had to use Task Manager to close it and then reboot the PC to get back into Thunderbird. Now I can't send emails or save drafts. I've tried repairing folders and compacting. I've tried deleting the drafts folder from the profile and I've tried pointing the account to a different drafts folder. I'm still stuck. PS. This is my managers email I've broken while he is on holiday so he will have to be able to send emails when he gets back next week.

Modificado por jwk630 a

Todas as respostas (1)

Solução escolhida

I think I fixed it! I missed a step in the process. I had to point the account to a different drafts folder, close Thunderbird, open Thunderbird and then it works. I was also able to point it back at the original drafts folder, close and reopen Thunderbird and then everything seems to be back to normal for now! So the step I missed was shutting down the app after changing the setting and then after launching the app again the change has worked.