I have a web site I access regularly and want to clean the cookies and caches from it but retain the web details...how do I do this
I have a web site I access regularly and want to clean the cookies and caches from it but retain the web details...how do I do this
All Replies (3)
I have a regular web site I use and just recently it is showing a Fault message and when I ask for help states I am inactive...when I know this is not the case...
I have contacted the company, they have no recorded faults and cannot understand why I am inactive - they suggested I remove all cookies and caches from the site to see if that fixes it.
I want to do this without losing the site settings. Can someone assist in what I do please.
It's not guaranteed which "web details" or "site settings" won't be retained — as that's something only the site operator has insight into — however if they tell you to remove cookies and caches, you can:
See the section about clearing only the currently open site using the "shield" icon in address bar.
You can however simulate the same if you open the site using a new Private Window — that will do that without any prior history and site data, so that's an easier test, without removing anything.
Judging from the error messages, that's something the site operator will know more about, given it's their platform, and sounds deliberate, not as an intermittent issue.
Thank you so much...your duplicate site idea is a good one...I will try that in the first instance... thank you very much. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. H