Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

why won't thunderbird accept netscape as an email address?

do.armstrong

How can I use my netscape account in Thunderbird?

How can I use my netscape account in Thunderbird?

All Replies (1)

What happens when you try? Please quote any error messages you see precisely and in full.

Netscape is now owned by AOL, which is now owned by Yahoo. How that complicates things, I shudder to think.

I found this page that describes AOL/Netscape's proper email server settings. I have no idea how old this article is or if it's still accurate:

https://help.aol.com/articles/update-netscape-isp-account-info-in-third-party-email-applications

Thunderbird will make a guess at the proper settings when you use its automatic setup wizard ("Account Hub"). If it doesn't guess correctly you will have to manually enter the server settings, which should be available from the provider.

Tanya soalan

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.