Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Messages continue to show as not read after I have opened them. I have to click on marking folder read.

Tucker

Tell me how to fix Thunderbird showing messages not read even after I have opened them and read them.

Tell me how to fix Thunderbird showing messages not read even after I have opened them and read them.

All Replies (3)

In Settings > General > Reading & Display > "Automatically mark messages as read".... Tell us how you open messages when you want to read them: single click or double click in the message list?

Settings are set to automatically mark messages as read. I use a single click to open the messages.

Does the issue disappear when you start Thunderbird in 'troubleshoot mode'? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2077590

Tanya soalan

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.