Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Diarkib

My website works fine on Chrome, but on Firefox there's a `SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER` error with my SSL certificate.

user1408638

My website is https://miroware.io/. In Chrome, it loads fine, and the SSL certificate works perfectly. In Firefox, there's an error. The section at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER#w_missing-intermediate-certificate explains what the error is, but not how to fix it. Can I fix it? If so, how?

My website is https://miroware.io/. In Chrome, it loads fine, and the SSL certificate works perfectly. In Firefox, there's an error. The section at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER#w_missing-intermediate-certificate explains what the error is, but not how to fix it. Can I fix it? If so, how?
Lampirkan skrinsyot

All Replies (4)

Penyelesaian Terpilih

Oh! Never mind. I fixed it by applying a CA value in my Node server, setting it to my `chain.pem` file.

There is security software like Avast, Kaspersky, BitDefender and ESET that intercept secure connections and send their own certificate.


https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

Diubah oleh FredMcD

FredMcD said

There is security software like Avast, Kaspersky, BitDefender and ESET that intercept secure connections and send their own certificate. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

I don't use any of this software and have already solved the issue myself. See above.

That was very good work. Well done.