Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Diarkib

Is there any way to have Thunderbird block the launching of certain file attachments like exe, scr and com files? I heard this can be done in Outlook.

dreadphred

Is there any way to have Thunderbird block the launching of certain file attachments like exe, scr and com files? I heard this can be done in Outlook. Looking to prevent launching certain file types favored by virus writers

Is there any way to have Thunderbird block the launching of certain file attachments like exe, scr and com files? I heard this can be done in Outlook. Looking to prevent launching certain file types favored by virus writers

All Replies (1)

Thunderbird never 'launches' files attached to messages. You can only save attachments to disk or deliberately open them using a third party application.

One should not open attachments in messages from unknown or questionable sources regardless.