Showing questions for topic:
Showing questions tagged:

Why are "all" of my filters still not working correctly (bug2068847??) - "Applying filter actions failed" and "Filter run failed"

Enclosed are jpg copies of the current sets of filters failures in my TB email program. TB Error0 shows the 6 emails that have arrived and are placed in the INBOX. Howev… (read more)

Enclosed are jpg copies of the current sets of filters failures in my TB email program.

TB Error0 shows the 6 emails that have arrived and are placed in the INBOX. However, each of these has a corresponding filter set up to move them upon arrival to a separate subject email mailbox.

Note: If I highlight the INBOX and then go to Tools > Run Filters On Folder ... all of these INBOX email messages will be correctly filtered and moved to their respective email mailbox, BUT each of them is shown as having been "read" and unless you pay close attention, you may not know where these INBOX emails were sent.

I am also enclosing TB Error1 & 2 that show the last couple of days message filtering errors.

I can find nothing wrong with how each of these filters are set up, yet they seem to consistently fail to operate when new emails arrive.

Note one of them is for incoming emails from ... schiffsovereign.com. I have edited this filter repeatedly, even deleted it and re-input the information. Yet the filter never takes hold and does what it is designed to do. I am enclosing a jpg of that specific filter as TB Error3

I am looking for suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Thank you and best wishes,

/s/ James T Saint, CCIM COO

Solved 11 51

Which installed fonts will Thunderbird actually use?

I've been using Thunderbird for about two months now and I just realized that Thunderbird (150.0.1) seems to be unable (or unwilling) to use some of the fonts that are on… (read more)

I've been using Thunderbird for about two months now and I just realized that Thunderbird (150.0.1) seems to be unable (or unwilling) to use some of the fonts that are on the computer (Windows 10, plenty of RAM and disk space).

Let me explain that I don't send a lot of emails, and most of the ones I do send are just a few lines so I had not had any reason to bother with the font -- the default font was fine -- until today...

Today my experience with fonts in Thunderbird was extremely disappointing. It started when I was composing an email and I copied/pasted some text from a web page into the email. Rather than treating the pasted text as simply text to have in the default font, Thunderbird put it in some strange font and size. This might have been Thunderbird's attempt to use the font from the website but neither the font nor the size resembled the text that I had copied/pasted. That was when I noticed that Thunderbird does not let you choose the actual size but only offers the choice to make text larger or smaller. Making the text smaller was sufficient for that particular time.

As I finished the email, I tried to sign my usual signature. Thunderbird lets you choose the font but once I had chosen the font that I routinely use for my signature, I discovered that Thunderbird totally ignores the choice that it just let you make. Instead of displaying the signature in the chosen font, it displayed my signature in a plain sanserif font.

I could live with a limited choice of fonts -- I have used another program where the only choices were serif and sanserif -- but I cannot understand why Thunderbird would offer a font choice menu that includes all my installed fonts when it actually only honors three choices. The only fonts reliably used seem to be some generic sanserif font that Tunderbird calls Helvetica/Ariel, a generic serif font that it calls Times and another serif font it calls Courier.

The dropdown menu lets me choose any of the fonts I have installed, some of them display properly while composing the email, others don't. If I send the email to another of my email addresses, Thunderbird displays the text the same way -- some fonts are correct and some fonts get replaced with one of Thunderbird's generic fonts.

I'd really like to have all my fonts available -- but that doesn't seem to be possible with Thunderbird so I guess I need to figure out which fonts Thunderbird is willing to use.

Solved 3 40

I think Thunderbird had a recent update because all of my folders are a jumbled mess.

I have no idea what happened to my Thunderbird. I think it might have been an update, because all of my folders are not where they were, everything in the folders are sor… (read more)

I have no idea what happened to my Thunderbird. I think it might have been an update, because all of my folders are not where they were, everything in the folders are sorted by groups like today, or older. I noticed a bunch of my emails are now in folders marked as a Userfolder#. The emails it contains are those that normally should be in a properly named folder, only those named folders are grayed out. Another issue is that when i try to open an email, it opens it as if I want to reply to it. If I just want to read the email, I have to right click on the email and select open to read it. I have 2 spam folders, no idea why, nothing saves to my draft folder I found out today, I just dont know what happened! I dont think I did anything but I dont know now, as Im beginning to doubt myself. It's been this way for a few days.

Open 3 10

How can I manage downloaded media files from Thunderbird attachments?

I’m trying to understand how Thunderbird handles links to online media when an email contains a link to a photo or video rather than a normal attachment. For example, if … (read more)

I’m trying to understand how Thunderbird handles links to online media when an email contains a link to a photo or video rather than a normal attachment.

For example, if an email contains a link to public Instagram media, I may open it in the browser and use a browser-based option such as Indown.mobi to work with the media. Is there any Thunderbird setting that affects how these external media links are opened or handled?

I’m mainly interested in understanding whether Thunderbird treats these differently from normal attachments and whether there is a recommended workflow for managing them.

Open 1 10

Setting a default font for outgoing emails

I've been using Thunderbird version 155.0 with only a few issues (reported in other posts). To investigate one of the issues I've had to create a new profile for testing.… (read more)

I've been using Thunderbird version 155.0 with only a few issues (reported in other posts).

To investigate one of the issues I've had to create a new profile for testing. I've managed to set everything up except for my default font for outgoing emails. If I send an email with say, four lines of text, I can format each line to be a different font and the received email reflects the different fonts for each line.

But Thunderbird isn't remembering the last selected font. So if I send a second email (without re-selecting any font) the recipient receives it in some naff mono-spaced font. I guess there's somewhere where I can set up the default font for my outgoing emails but I haven't managed to find it yet. Can anyone help?

Open 7 50

pop-up errors about a long index file path - Failed to open the index file for 'Inbox on [email]'. A disk error may have occurred, or the full path exceeds the maximum allowed length.

I have over 200 email accounts in Thunderbird, and I am getting constant pop-up error messages that say: "Не удалось открыть индексный файл для 'Входящие на [email]'. Воз… (read more)

I have over 200 email accounts in Thunderbird, and I am getting constant pop-up error messages that say: "Не удалось открыть индексный файл для 'Входящие на [email]'. Возможно, произошла ошибка на диске или полный путь превышает допустимую длину."

I don't need help fixing the emails themselves, but I need to permanently disable these pop-up alert windows because I will soon have over 2000 accounts and I don't want 2000 errors popping up.

I am using the latest version of Thunderbird. I have tried looking for "about:config" or the "Navigation Toolbar" to change the settings to "false", but my interface is heavily customized and I cannot find the menu or the address bar. I need a step-by-step guide on how to disable these error alerts, preferably using the Windows Registry or a configuration file if the menu is hidden.

Open 1

How do you remove the verticle line thunderbird add on replies.

Hey everyone I need to remove the line that is added when you reply to emails. It adds added steps when cutting and pasting when I quoting emails when replying. I have … (read more)

Hey everyone

I need to remove the line that is added when you reply to emails. It adds added steps when cutting and pasting when I quoting emails when replying.

I have multiple profiles with multiple emails in each profile.

I found a thread here dated 2016 that instructed to add this to the css file.

I didn't have en excisting css file I could fine so I created a folder. >chrome > and put a userContent.css file within that.

This is code.

blockquote[type=cite] {

  padding-bottom: 0 !important;
  padding-top: 0 !important;
  padding-left: 0 !important;
  border-left: none !important;
  border-right: none !important;

}

Solved 2

How do I stop Thunderbird from inserting extra spaces in my email address in my address card?

An example of an added space would be: director-concertband@oceanside- music.ca Note that after the second dash in my address above, in the saved HTML Sig Card, the space… (read more)

An example of an added space would be:

director-concertband@oceanside- music.ca

Note that after the second dash in my address above, in the saved HTML Sig Card, the space is added. When I remove the space and re-save the Sig card, the space still returns.

Also note that this happens ONLY in the signature card. The addressing in the email itself is correct. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Solved 8 20

Can I edit/remove columns in Thunderbird for more space?

With my new monitor, I've run into a problem with the space available for the actual message. On the attached image, I'd like to completely delete the stuff circled in re… (read more)

With my new monitor, I've run into a problem with the space available for the actual message. On the attached image, I'd like to completely delete the stuff circled in red. I don't use it and it takes up a lot of space. I've resized the first two columns as much as I can, but I still can't see any of my full messages unless I open them in a new window or tab, which is inconvenient.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Solved 2 30

Perpetual "Compact folders" popup

Every time I start TB on Windows 10, I am seeing "Compact folders". The prompt is offering to save around 310MB, but no matter how many times I select COMPACT NOW, I stil… (read more)

Every time I start TB on Windows 10, I am seeing "Compact folders". The prompt is offering to save around 310MB, but no matter how many times I select COMPACT NOW, I still get the prompt next time.

I have tried:

 - compact all folders in all accounts
 - Repair Folders in all accounts, all folders (which took a while! I have 10 email accounts)
 - deleting global-messages-db.sqlite

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated. Email is still working fine, I am just trying to get rid of the never ending prompt.

TB version 147.0 (yes, I know, I know. But I have made it look exactly how I want, so I avoid regular updates unless absolutely necessary.) Thanks.

Open 1 10

The edit tool bar to set bold, text color and text sze under the "+ new message" is missing. How do I fix?

The edit tool bar to set bold, text color and text sze under the "+ new message" is missing. How do I fix? Question from Jack Anema. , EMail [redacted email … (read more)

The edit tool bar to set bold, text color and text sze under the "+ new message" is missing. How do I fix?

Question from Jack Anema. , EMail [redacted email from public]

Open 1 10

Strange minimize behaviuor

When I used to click on Minimize, it would minimize to the system area down by the clock. Now it minimizes to the taskbar, something that it's never done before. When I c… (read more)

When I used to click on Minimize, it would minimize to the system area down by the clock. Now it minimizes to the taskbar, something that it's never done before. When I clicked the X, it would close out the program completely. Now it minimizes the program down to the system area. Is this a bug, or is this the way you people do things now?

Open 3 10

Thunderbird Meadow – Dark theme menus fixed teal background

Using the system color theme, where my Windows 10 system is set to the dark color theme, I see Thunderbird 153+ Meadow showing popup menus with weird dark teal background… (read more)

Using the system color theme, where my Windows 10 system is set to the dark color theme, I see Thunderbird 153+ Meadow showing popup menus with weird dark teal background. The standard Window menus (File, Edit, ..., Help) appear to use slightly different background, which still doesn't match my system color. Is there a setting I'm missing to have these menus shown with my system dark color theme (like current Fx, and previous Tb versions)?

I'm using my system color accent setting, but I'm seeing changing this Tb setting doesn't seem to affect the menus background.

I've also noticed I'm not seeing this on Windows 11 – the menus background is fine, although on Windows 11 I'm still noticing this teal "accent" appearing in certain elements of the popup menus, f.e. the color of menu item keyboard shortcuts.

Open 10

In Thunderbird, how can I stop text in the previous emails in a string turning blue?

In Thunderbird, how can I stop text in the previous emails in a string turning blue? I have looked everywhere in Settings where colour is mentioned and everything is set … (read more)

In Thunderbird, how can I stop text in the previous emails in a string turning blue?

I have looked everywhere in Settings where colour is mentioned and everything is set to black text on a white background. Nothing is set to blue.

I do not want to see blue text anywhere.

Please advise.

Solved Archived 15 150

Varför är det så svårt att sortera mapparna i bokstavordning.

Om man gör fel vid skapandet av en mapp så att den hamnar på fel ställe i mapplistan är det svårt att rätta till. Om en mapp ligger fel i mapplistan och man skapar en ny … (read more)

Om man gör fel vid skapandet av en mapp så att den hamnar på fel ställe i mapplistan är det svårt att rätta till. Om en mapp ligger fel i mapplistan och man skapar en ny mapp så kan den sorteras in i mapplistan i förhållande till den tidigare felplacerade mappen. Det borde finnas en knapp för att sortera alla mappar i bokstavsordning så att eventuellt felplacerade mappar hamnar rätt

Open 10

Vertical line marking replies keeps disappearing

I've encountered a stange issue: By default, a quoted reply is indented to the right with a vertical line on the left side. Since some time, this vertical line disappears… (read more)

I've encountered a stange issue: By default, a quoted reply is indented to the right with a vertical line on the left side. Since some time, this vertical line disappears when composing a reply - i.e., when clicking "reply", the compose window opens where the vertical reply bar shows up on the left for a split second but then disappears, leaving just the quoted text without indentation or reply bar. Compose in HTML is on, but it shouldn't matter for the reply bar display anyway. Reply quoting is also enabled, of course.

I know the reply bar can be toggled in the config by mail.quoted_graphical and mail.quoteasblock, but both values are already set to true. Setting them to false should completely disable the reply bar, but it shows up for a split second and is "auto-removed" in the compose editor. It's also not just a display issue in the editor because a recipient doesn't see the reply bar either.

Is there anything else I can check? Most likely it can be resolved with a clean profile, but I want to save the pain of setting up everything again if possible. The issue occured over the span of multiple recent TB versions on Windows 10.

Open 10