Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

കൂടുതലറിയുക
Archived

firefox opens a home page and then stops responding

petehutch

I had no trouble until this evening when there was an update. When I go to a website (I have tried a few) the home page opens. When a try to open another page on the site I get the hourglass and Firefox stops responding. I have to close it using Task Manager and use Opera or Mousie instead. This started this evening. I was only offered a message to Microsoft.

I had no trouble until this evening when there was an update. When I go to a website (I have tried a few) the home page opens. When a try to open another page on the site I get the hourglass and Firefox stops responding. I have to close it using Task Manager and use Opera or Mousie instead. This started this evening. I was only offered a message to Microsoft.

എല്ലാ മറുപടികളും (2)

Not really a reply just some more info. Task Manager shows two identical instances of FF. Both close when you try to remove one. I decided to try reinstalling - Add/remove could not remove FF. The reason - it must have been uninstalled already!!!

This problem seems to have gone away. I stopped using Firefox altogether for some time. I have recently started using it again and, so far, it does not do this anymore.