Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

കൂടുതലറിയുക
Solved Archived

Firefox for Android not syncing with my own Sync-1.5 server

darklunar

1. I verified that Firefox can connect to my own Sync-1.5 server without refusing the SSL certificate. Not sure if self-signed matters.

2. I used about:config to set identity.sync.tokenserver.uri to the address of my own Sync-1.5 server so it's like: https://#########:5001/token/1.0/sync/1.5

3. I signed in to my Firefox Account using Firefox->Settings->General->Sign in.

4. I navigated to Firefox->Settings clicked on my account. Firefox tells me that I am logged in, but never synced.

6. I click Sync now but always say "Last synced: never".

This was all done on a fresh installation of Firefox.

The logs of my webserver show no connection attempt from my device. All my PCs work fine though.

Firefox 65.0.1 Android 8.0, OnePlus 3t

Thanks!

1. I verified that Firefox can connect to my own Sync-1.5 server without refusing the SSL certificate. Not sure if self-signed matters. 2. I used about:config to set identity.sync.tokenserver.uri to the address of my own Sync-1.5 server so it's like: https://#########:5001/token/1.0/sync/1.5 3. I signed in to my Firefox Account using Firefox->Settings->General->Sign in. 4. I navigated to Firefox->Settings clicked on my account. Firefox tells me that I am logged in, but never synced. 6. I click Sync now but always say "Last synced: never". This was all done on a fresh installation of Firefox. The logs of my webserver show no connection attempt from my device. All my PCs work fine though. Firefox 65.0.1 Android 8.0, OnePlus 3t Thanks!

എല്ലാ മറുപടികളും (2)

The Sync component uses the Android internal certificate store. You will need to add your cert to Android's as well.

Chosen Solution

Thanks for the help. I discovered that Android doesn't like self-signed certs so I had to make sure my syncserver was using a CA-signed cert and now its working fine.