Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

How do I set up my home page so that I don't click on articles that go to a paywall.

2U1521612

when I click on a news article it takes me to a paywall instead of just presenting the article an example is USA Today. I don't want to join USA, I just want to read what interests me. Microsoft news does not do that.

when I click on a news article it takes me to a paywall instead of just presenting the article an example is USA Today. I don't want to join USA, I just want to read what interests me. Microsoft news does not do that.

All Replies (1)

Hi! Firefox cannot reliably tell in advance whether a news article will require a subscription or paywall. The website itself decides whether to restrict access, so there isn't a Firefox Home setting that can automatically prevent all paywalled articles from appearing.

If you're referring to articles shown on the Firefox New Tab/Home page, you can reduce or remove those recommendations by going to Settings → Home and adjusting the Firefox Home Content options, such as Recommended by Pocket or Sponsored stories, depending on your version.

You can also remove individual unwanted stories from the New Tab page using the … menu on the story.

For sites such as USA Today, a paywall is controlled by USA Today's website rather than Firefox. Firefox cannot legitimately bypass that restriction. You may need to use another source that provides the same news without a subscription.

Mametraha fanontaniana

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.