How do I make Firefox open the links that I click on in my email program without having to click the 'allow' button each time?
When I am in Gmail and I click on a link , Firefox ALWAYS pops up a tab asking me if I want to allow this. I do not want to have to do this every time I want to access a link. How do I make it automatically go to the link w/o any intervention from me.
I'm using Firefox v.11.0
Chosen Solution
Go to your Firefox Advanced panel - Accessibility, browsing, network, updates, and other advanced settings in Firefox. In the General Tab under Accessibility, uncheck the option, "Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page".
Ref: http://kb.mozillazine.org/accessibility.blockautorefresh
All Replies (5)
I just went to https://mail.google.com/mail/#inbox
.... then I signed into my gmail account and tried a link in one of my e-mails and had no problems.
Could you post the exact text of the error message that comes up in a Firefox tab when you click on a link in an e-mail from your GMail inbox?
You may have a Firefox extension that is causing the message to appear. Go to the Firefox menu button and click on "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (which opens the about:support page) and copy the contents to the clipboard and paste here. This will list certain Firefox information, such as installed extensions and modified preferences, that can help identify the problem. See Use the Troubleshooting Information page to help fix Firefox issues.
It might also help if you could test in Firefox Use Troubleshoot Mode in Firefox - see Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems.
There is no error message. There is simply a bar that pops up at the top of the screen which says 'Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page' on the left side. On the right side is a box that says 'allow' and a 'x'. If I click on 'allow', it works. If I click on the 'x' it closes the window.
If i right-click on the link in Gmail and select 'open in new tab' it works just fine. It only happens when I click on the link directly.
I will look into the 'safe mode' and other info you talked about.
Okay, I started in safe mode and coped the info to the clipboard. Here it is.
Application Basics
Name
Firefox
Version
11.0
User Agent
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
Profile Directory
Open Containing Folder
Enabled Plugins
about:plugins
Build Configuration
about:buildconfig
Crash Reports
about:crashes
Memory Use
about:memory
Extensions
Name
Version
Enabled
ID
Download Statusbar
0.9.10
false
{D4DD63FA-01E4-46a7-B6B1-EDAB7D6AD389}
DownloadHelper
4.9.8
false
{b9db16a4-6edc-47ec-a1f4-b86292ed211d}
Free Download Manager plugin
1.5.5
false
fdm_ffext@freedownloadmanager.org
Freemake Video Converter Plugin
1.0.0
false
fmconverter@gmail.com
Google Shortcuts
2.1.7.1
false
{5C46D283-ABDE-4dce-B83C-08881401921C}
Greasemonkey
0.9.18
false
{e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781}
My Homepage
1.2
false
myhomepage_manishjain9@gmail.com
NetVideoHunter
1.9.1
false
netvideohunter@netvideohunter.com
Skype Click to Call
5.9.0.9216
false
{82AF8DCA-6DE9-405D-BD5E-43525BDAD38A}
Modified Preferences
Name
Value
accessibility.blockautorefresh
true
browser.display.background_color
#C0C0C0
browser.display.use_system_colors
true
browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion
2
browser.startup.homepage
https://www.google.com/
browser.startup.homepage_override.buildID
20120312181643
browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone
rv:11.0
browser.tabs.loadInBackground
false
extensions.lastAppVersion
11.0
gfx.blacklist.layers.opengl
5
gfx.blacklist.webgl.opengl
5
network.cookie.prefsMigrated
true
places.database.lastMaintenance
1331247118
places.history.expiration.transient_current_max_pages
104858
privacy.donottrackheader.enabled
true
privacy.sanitize.migrateFx3Prefs
true
security.warn_viewing_mixed
false
Graphics
Adapter Description
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
Vendor ID
1002
Device ID
9490
Adapter RAM
512
Adapter Drivers
aticfx64 aticfx64 aticfx32 aticfx32 atiumd64 atidxx64 atiumdag atidxx32 atiumdva atiumd6a atitmm64
Driver Version
8.930.0.0
Driver Date
12-5-2011
Adapter Description (GPU #2)
ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
Vendor ID (GPU #2)
1002
Device ID (GPU #2)
9616
Adapter RAM (GPU #2)
256
Adapter Drivers (GPU #2)
aticfx64 aticfx64 aticfx32 aticfx32 atiumd64 atidxx64 atiumdag atidxx32 atiumdva atiumd6a atitmm64
Driver Version (GPU #2)
8.930.0.0
Driver Date (GPU #2)
12-5-2011
Direct2D Enabled
false
DirectWrite Enabled
false (6.1.7601.17776)
ClearType Parameters
DISPLAY1 [ Gamma: 2200 Pixel Structure: RGB ClearType Level: 100 Enhanced Contrast: 50 ] DISPLAY3 [ Gamma: 1800 Pixel Structure: RGB ClearType Level: 100 Enhanced Contrast: 0 ]
WebGL Renderer
Google Inc. -- ANGLE (ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series) -- OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 1.0.0.930)
GPU Accelerated Windows
0
Chosen Solution
Go to your Firefox Advanced panel - Accessibility, browsing, network, updates, and other advanced settings in Firefox. In the General Tab under Accessibility, uncheck the option, "Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page".
Ref: http://kb.mozillazine.org/accessibility.blockautorefresh
That did it. Thanks a million. I have been looking into the pop-up blocker cause I figured it was something simple like that. Just not familiar enough with Firefox yet.