Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Does anybody know how I can disenable the block with the wikipedia etc that appears at the cursor point if you hover over texts? It is a most annoying invention! Please help!!! Thank you!

catherina1

Does anybody know how I can disenable the block with the wikipedia, google, etc., that pops up at the cursor point if you hover over texts? It is a most annoying feature that one should be able to deactivate if not required. I use windows xp home and have the latest FF desktop version, but I do not think these are the problem. Thank you very much.

Does anybody know how I can disenable the block with the wikipedia, google, etc., that pops up at the cursor point if you hover over texts? It is a most annoying feature that one should be able to deactivate if not required. I use windows xp home and have the latest FF desktop version, but I do not think these are the problem. Thank you very much.

All Replies (5)

Chosen Solution

That isn't a core feature of Firefox (that I know of) - sounds like an extension you installed is doing that.

Please post the contents of the extensions section from about:support

I deleted an add-on. I think it is fastest FF and I have not seen the popup since then. I will let you know if it returns. Anyway, so far, A VERY BIG THANK YOU! That was really, really annoying!  :D

I will click SOLVED if by tomorrow I have not seen that popup again.

Thank Fmdeveloper! Your advıce worked perfectly!

No problem - Thanks for using Firefox (from 1 user to another)