Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
This thread was closed and archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Locked Archived

Secure Connection Failed

SuMo Bot

For the last 12 days I've been getting an Secure Connection Failed error when using Firefox on every web site I try to visit. My installation of Firefox is up to date with version 97.0(64 bit). I've found that if I uninstall the update KB5010342 the Secure Connection Failed error goes away. I've switched to Microsoft Edge, just to get work done, and don't have any problems. Does anybody have a solution?

For the last 12 days I've been getting an Secure Connection Failed error when using Firefox on every web site I try to visit. My installation of Firefox is up to date with version 97.0(64 bit). I've found that if I uninstall the update KB5010342 the Secure Connection Failed error goes away. I've switched to Microsoft Edge, just to get work done, and don't have any problems. Does anybody have a solution?

All Replies (1)

Are you using a proxy or VPN ?

You can check the connection settings.

  • Settings -> General -> Network: Connection -> Settings

If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet then try to select "No Proxy" if "Use the system proxy settings" or one of the others do not work properly.

See "Firefox connection settings":

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.