Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Cannot change home page - home page is locked to Google

Sam Brooks

My Firefox home page is locked to Google, and I cannot change it. The area where I should be able to change it in "Options" has "Mozilla Firefox Start Page" in gray - I cannot delete that or enter any information. I have run spyware scans and tried various remedies, but nothing helps.

I have already tried all kinds of remedies, but I remain locked out.

My Firefox home page is locked to Google, and I cannot change it. The area where I should be able to change it in "Options" has "Mozilla Firefox Start Page" in gray - I cannot delete that or enter any information. I have run spyware scans and tried various remedies, but nothing helps. I have already tried all kinds of remedies, but I remain locked out.

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

If you do not keep changes after a restart or otherwise have problems with preferences, see:

You can check the browser.startup.homepage pref on the about:config page.

It worked! Beautiful and simple. Thanks.