I can't play on some sites and have been told to reinstall my browser with no add ons.
I have been playing on king.com for years. Now I can't and can't play at other sites that I've tried. King.com sent me an e-mail saying to reinstall my browser without any add ons, as well as their ActiveX control, which I can do by deleting the old version. They also suggest reinstalling the latest version of Flash. I don't know how to reinstall firefox, ActiveX or flash. Can you help please?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
Check your plugins are updated!
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Hello lezlie13, ActiveX is not supported by Firefox any more, also if you have xp sp2 or above Update Firefox to the latest version, because your 8.0.1 version is very old, unsupported and vulnerable too.
also, because your version is old, you don't have a Start in Safe Mode button, but Continue in Safe Mode button, if you like to check it in safe mode.
King.com used to have a special plugin for Firefox.
I don't know if this is still required to play games.
You will probably have to download and save the XPI file (ZIP archive) and extract and copy the two files npmidas.dll and nsIMidasMozCtrl.xpt to a plugins folder where Firefox can find them.
You will have to create this plugins folder yourself, either in the Firefox program folder or in the Mozilla\Firefox\ folder where you also find the Firefox profiles.
- C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\plugins