each time I open foxfire a popup asking how to process a download opens and inhibits use of foxfire. How do I stop the popup?
each time I open foxfire a .LNK popup appears asking how to process a download opens and inhibits use of foxfire. How do I stop this and allow me to open and use foxfire browser. This started after I attempted to follow directions to install/associate a .LNK program/file with foxfire to control saving downloads using any browser. Note that I am a novice user. How can I stop this?
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.97 Safari/537.11
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!