Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

The 157 update is causing a significant lag to my laptop.

konkanavar

Ever since the update to 157 I have been having issues when running firefox. Youtube is non functional on the browser. It is using a large amount of memory (consistently at 41-45% according to the task manager). Gmail takes a long time to load, in fact every page takes a long time to load if at all.

I run it in troubleshooting mode and functionality returns... I don't want to run firefox with all my extensions disabled they are there for a reason.

This update seems to be inherently unstable and is causing issues for lot's of folks.

So just to summarize, the update to 157 has not worked. It is using a disproportional amount of memory, that the previous version did not. It is causing my entire system to downgrade and run significantly slower. Pages will not load properly and I am now using a different browser as a work around.

Essentially it is a huge failure and I wish you would have tested more thoroughly. My experiences are not uncommon... You guys released a garbage upgrade to the browser that has catastrophically under performed.

I do not recollect any update in the past that functioned as poorly as this. Congratulations for completely screwing this up.

When will you guys get this working properly?

Ever since the update to 157 I have been having issues when running firefox. Youtube is non functional on the browser. It is using a large amount of memory (consistently at 41-45% according to the task manager). Gmail takes a long time to load, in fact every page takes a long time to load if at all. I run it in troubleshooting mode and functionality returns... I don't want to run firefox with all my extensions disabled they are there for a reason. This update seems to be inherently unstable and is causing issues for lot's of folks. So just to summarize, the update to 157 has not worked. It is using a disproportional amount of memory, that the previous version did not. It is causing my entire system to downgrade and run significantly slower. Pages will not load properly and I am now using a different browser as a work around. Essentially it is a huge failure and I wish you would have tested more thoroughly. My experiences are not uncommon... You guys released a garbage upgrade to the browser that has catastrophically under performed. I do not recollect any update in the past that functioned as poorly as this. Congratulations for completely screwing this up. When will you guys get this working properly?

All Replies (2)

Hello,

The Firefox 157 update did make some compatibility issues. To fix this, go to about:processes, and see which one is taking the most memory/tanking performance. Once you pinpoint which process is causing it, disable that singular process.

None of the people here create YouTube deployments or your addons.

You need to check which extension is incompatible. Ghostery or uBO perhaps fighting with YT?

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.