Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Excessive use of memory by Firefox.

ehaysom

Hi guys - I am running Firefox 157.0 (aarch64) on a Macmini M2 pro with 32GB RAM .

I am regularly receiving messages that my default browser, Firefox, is the largest consumer of that RAM. This is what I received this morning shortly before my system shut itself down. I did have many files open but noticed that Firefox is consuming 33GB of my RAM. Is this normal?

Hi guys - I am running Firefox 157.0 (aarch64) on a Macmini M2 pro with 32GB RAM . I am regularly receiving messages that my default browser, Firefox, is the largest consumer of that RAM. This is what I received this morning shortly before my system shut itself down. I did have many files open but noticed that Firefox is consuming 33GB of my RAM. Is this normal?
Attached screenshots

All Replies (4)

Hi

How many tabs do you have open in Firefox?

How many add-ons do you have installed?

Thank you!

I had five tabs open and I have 12 add-ons

Try significantly reducing the number of add-ons and also checking to see what is running in those tabs.

Thank you! I have reduced it to 6 add-ins. And reduced the tabs to 3

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.