Showing questions for topic:

Daylight saving time in Morocco is not up to date.

Morocco has recently switched back to GMT+0. However when I use web app that pull the time from the browser it shows GMT+1. This doesn't happen in chrome after the update… (続きを読む)

Morocco has recently switched back to GMT+0. However when I use web app that pull the time from the browser it shows GMT+1. This doesn't happen in chrome after the update.

Could you please advise.

Thank you.

Open 2

How does Firefox's spell check work?

I use Firefox in Japanese. Often, when I type Japanese text into an input field, a red wavy underline appears. I know this is the spell-check feature, but I don’t underst… (続きを読む)

I use Firefox in Japanese. Often, when I type Japanese text into an input field, a red wavy underline appears. I know this is the spell-check feature, but I don’t understand the specific criteria it uses to determine whether something is correct or not. Since it doesn’t actually correct the text for me, I’m thinking of turning it off, but before I do, I’d like to understand how this feature works.

For example, even a sentence that seems perfectly fine,

“Apples are delicious.” is flagged as incorrect by this feature. It’s a confusing feature—if I remove the period (.), the underline disappears.

Is this actually useful? It underlines every single sentence.

P.S. I believe the Japanese dictionary is downloaded into Firefox.

Solved 1

firefoxのスペルチェックはどのように機能しているのでしょうか。

日本語でfirefoxを利用しています。 よく文章を入力欄に日本語で打ち込んでいると、赤い波の下線が引かれます。それがスペルチェックであることは知っているのですが、具体的にどんな基準で正誤を判断しているのかもわかりません。かと言って修正してくれるわけでもないのでオフにしようと思うのですが、その前にこの機能がどういう性質のものかは知っておき… (続きを読む)

日本語でfirefoxを利用しています。 よく文章を入力欄に日本語で打ち込んでいると、赤い波の下線が引かれます。それがスペルチェックであることは知っているのですが、具体的にどんな基準で正誤を判断しているのかもわかりません。かと言って修正してくれるわけでもないのでオフにしようと思うのですが、その前にこの機能がどういう性質のものかは知っておきたいです。

例えばなんの問題もないように見える 

「りんごは美味しい。」 という文章もこの機能によると間違っていると表示されます。 「。」記号を抜くと下線は消えたりとよくわからない機能です。

これは果たして有用ですか?

追記、日本語辞書はfirefoxにダウンロードされていると思います。

Open

Why isn't there already an Auto-translate feature for the browser?

Same question, expanded. We're in the age of international browsing- Why when you choose a default language for the browser, doesn't it already ask if you want the page y… (続きを読む)

Same question, expanded. We're in the age of international browsing- Why when you choose a default language for the browser, doesn't it already ask if you want the page you're looking at (if not in the default language) to be translated? You guys are years behind missing a feature like that. Even internet explorer had that function.

Solved 1

the Firefox translate is being weird

I have set the "Translate Selected" to be English. it suggests Finnish to me. I do not want this there is no option to make it only translate selected to English. I do n… (続きを読む)

I have set the "Translate Selected" to be English. it suggests Finnish to me. I do not want this there is no option to make it only translate selected to English. I do not want it to be Finnish. I only want things Translated to English. Please give me option to only translate to languages I want. Or make the System settings Respect my choices. Thank you.

Solved 5

Why does Firefox label the Kurdish language as Persian while other browsers such as Chrome and Edge correctly identify Kurdish and label it properly?

When the automatic translation pop-up appears, Firefox incorrectly detects Kurdish text and labels it as Persian. Other browsers, such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge… (続きを読む)

When the automatic translation pop-up appears, Firefox incorrectly detects Kurdish text and labels it as Persian. Other browsers, such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, accurately identify and label Kurdish as its own distinct language. This misclassification disrupts translation accuracy and usability for Kurdish speakers. Please update the language detection model in Firefox Translations to correctly recognize and label Kurdish.

Open 1

IME switches language between tabs, how to disable?

I'm using Microsoft PinYin IME. In Chrome, all tabs share a single IME settings, all English or all Chinese, won't switch when the tab changes. But in Firefox, it switche… (続きを読む)

I'm using Microsoft PinYin IME. In Chrome, all tabs share a single IME settings, all English or all Chinese, won't switch when the tab changes. But in Firefox, it switches randomly, which I want to disable. Is there any settings about this?

Open

Problem to write Bengali fonts in Firefox. I tried several ways to fix it, but I couldn't.

I can't write Bengali fonts in Firefox. I tried several ways to fix it, but I couldn't. On Opera browser it's working good with Bengali Typing. In Firefox it's not workin… (続きを読む)

I can't write Bengali fonts in Firefox. I tried several ways to fix it, but I couldn't. On Opera browser it's working good with Bengali Typing. In Firefox it's not working. I have tried to write আমার সোনার বাংলা it's going to like this (‘‘্রও েরনসমfv h১৥#৪% ). When I paste Bengali writing from other source it's working good like this আমার সোনার বাংলা. How can I fix this issue ?

Open 1

Firefox under Linux (X11), dead keys don't work any more.

Hi, I'm using Firefox 155.0.1 64bits, in Linux Mint Debian Edition 7, x11, XFCE4. I have a Belgian keyboard. I have noticed that the dead keys aren't working any more whe… (続きを読む)

Hi,

I'm using Firefox 155.0.1 64bits, in Linux Mint Debian Edition 7, x11, XFCE4. I have a Belgian keyboard. I have noticed that the dead keys aren't working any more when typing text / messages from within Firefox. I don't have this problem in other browsers or applications.

I used xev (x11 utility) to check if the dead keys were working and tested a different keyboard, all work. I tried to start Firefox in safe mode or by starting Firefox from a terminal with the following commands: - env GTK_IM_MODULE=xim firefox - env GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus firefox

But nothing worked. The dead keys aren't working. The issue must come from Firefox for it is not an hardware issue (tried different keyboards) nor software (dead keys work in other applications).

Any idea to fix this ?

Solved 11

kann leider kein Englisch

Warum in Englisch??? Ich lebe in Deutschland, habe mich in Deutschland in "Deutscher Sprache" angemeldet und erwarte dass Firefox dass nicht nur zur Kenntnis nimmt, sond… (続きを読む)

Warum in Englisch??? Ich lebe in Deutschland, habe mich in Deutschland in "Deutscher Sprache" angemeldet und erwarte dass Firefox dass nicht nur zur Kenntnis nimmt, sondern auch anwendet! Ich will nicht bei jedem Umblättern oder anklicken von Links jedes Mal wieder versuchen eine Deutsche Seite zu erlangen - das ist ätzend und leider auch technisch nicht sehr überzeugend! Auch auf dieser Seite sind die meißten Texte in Englisch -das ist einfach schlecht - wenn ich dem System als Sprache Deutsch angebe, erwarte ich von einem System im 21. Jahrhundert, dass er das nicht nur versteht sondern auch beibehält und auch bei der nächsten Anmeldung in dem Account noch weiß und nicht wieder erneut mit dem "Engisch-Zirkus" beginnt. Leider ist diese Programm gefühlt davon weiter entfernt als Berlin von NewYork! Rainer Wojtenek, 17.9.2026 15:44 PS Leider weiß ich auch nicht, warum ich so viele Accounts habe - z.B. wüsste ich nicht, wieso ich Info1953 eingerichtet haben sollte - das ist "Deutsch audgedrückt" leider alles Mist! Dass ich inzwischen 79 Jahre alt bin ist einerseits schön, andererseits leider sehr anstrengend, da die Anforderungen an einen Account ganz offensichtlich im 21. Jahrhunfert nicht einfacher geworden sind, sondern gefühlt ein Rückschritt in die Steinzeit. Ihnen noch einen schönen Tag...

Open 1

Spell check language cannot be changed from "English (United Kingdom)"

The British have colonized my spell check somehow and I'm completely at a loss on how to evict them. When I right-click to change my spell check language, the only optio… (続きを読む)

The British have colonized my spell check somehow and I'm completely at a loss on how to evict them.

When I right-click to change my spell check language, the only option I have is "English (United Kingdom)", while the only Dictionary that I have installed is "English (US)". In my language settings, while I can set any preferred language, my only Fallback Language option is "English (GB)".

I would like my Spell Check to properly reflect the dumb language that I speak, please. I'm on Version 156, but this has persisted for several months.

Steps already taken: - Scoured the settings for a misconfiguration - Rebooted my computer - Cleared the Startup Cache - Opened Firefox in Troubleshooting Mode - Refreshing Firefox

Solved 2

Firefox 156 cannot change browser UI language after update

Hello, After Firefox automatically updated to version 156.0 (64-bit) on Windows 11, I can no longer change the browser interface language. The browser UI is currently dis… (続きを読む)

Hello,

After Firefox automatically updated to version 156.0 (64-bit) on Windows 11, I can no longer change the browser interface language.

The browser UI is currently displayed in English. In Settings > Languages, I can select Chinese as the Browser Language, but the change is never applied.

What happens: - I select Chinese as the Browser Language. - Firefox asks to restart (or saves the setting). - After restarting Firefox, the entire interface is still in English. - Rebooting Windows does not help. - The setting appears to be ignored.

Before updating to Firefox 156, the browser language worked correctly.

Additional information: - Firefox version: 156.0 (64-bit) - Operating system: Windows 11 - The issue started immediately after the automatic update. - Website language settings work normally. - Only the browser UI language cannot be changed.

Has anyone else experienced this issue after updating to Firefox 156?

Thank you.

Open 2