Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
このスレッドはアーカイブに保管されました。 必要であれば新たに質問してください。
アーカイブに保管済み

Opening PCAP files with Wireshark

manny4

Until recently, when I would capture a PCAP file from a device through the web GUI, I would be able to click on the PCAP (packet capture) file and it would open the file in Wireshark. As of this week, it stopped doing that and now only allows me to save the file and I need to look for the file and double click on it to open the file. I lose a lot of time doing that. Looked at the mime types already installed but there is no pcap to allow me to associate with Wireshark. I am running macOS Monte Rey on an M1 platform. I was working fine before.

Thanks

Until recently, when I would capture a PCAP file from a device through the web GUI, I would be able to click on the PCAP (packet capture) file and it would open the file in Wireshark. As of this week, it stopped doing that and now only allows me to save the file and I need to look for the file and double click on it to open the file. I lose a lot of time doing that. Looked at the mime types already installed but there is no pcap to allow me to associate with Wireshark. I am running macOS Monte Rey on an M1 platform. I was working fine before. Thanks

すべての返信 (2)

Using the procedure outlined in the link below should add that file type.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-firefox-behavior-when-open-file#w_changing-download-actions

This did not fix my problem. I do not see PCAP as an option for the file and removing the "handlers.json" did not prompt for what to do with the file. I am not sure what happened because it was working before.