Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
このスレッドはアーカイブに保管されました。 必要であれば新たに質問してください。
アーカイブに保管済み

Firefox doesn't send the TCP FIN flag when the server has been sent it.

iwo_andonow

I have test web server that do redirect (304) when a button on a web page is clicked and tries to close the TCP socket with flags FIN and PSH. Firefox acknowledges the packet with no FIN flag set causing the server to re-transmit the message many times. I'm attaching Wireshark captured packets.

I have test web server that do redirect (304) when a button on a web page is clicked and tries to close the TCP socket with flags FIN and PSH. Firefox acknowledges the packet with no FIN flag set causing the server to re-transmit the message many times. I'm attaching Wireshark captured packets.

すべての返信 (2)

Is the behavior different on other web browsers? I think 304 is not a redirect. It is 'not modified'. Try using Firefox menu 'tools' -> 'Web Developer' -> 'Network' , it may give some pointers.

Thank you for your advice! I'll investigate what happens through the 'Web Developer' -> 'Network'. I was using 304 with another web page that is not in the browser cache to force the browser to open another socket and load the page. I saw that in some example and I'm not sure that it is the most correct way of doing that. I tried the same scenario with IE11and it looked much cleaner: server sends FIN+PSH, client sends ACK+FIN, server sends ACK and the socket gets closed. I think I need to dig into the problem more and to narrow it down before you spend time on this. Thanks once again for the advices! PS: I can't upload here Wireshark packets file anymore.