Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
I suddenly started getting redirected when I click on my Firefox icon. Page says "Paypal and Firefox Simple promotion!" Paypal says it isn't theirs. I can't seem to get past this. I am afraid this a Trojan redirect or keystroke copier.
I'm not sure how or when it happened but whenever I click on any Firefox icon on my desktop, I get redirected to what appears to be a Mozilla Firefox page but there is a window on the screen that says "Paypal and Firefox Simple promotion!, Did you know that Mozilla Firefox is the most safe browser? Paypal trusts Firefox! Login to your paypal account using Firefox today and get 25$ promotion on your balance by next month!
* This promotion valid only for VERIFIED account holders * You can register a new paypal account and get verified now. * Always proceed to Paypal by securely typing www.paypal.com in your browser.
then a button to click that says "contnue with xxx.xxxxxx.com" this is where the button is for the url I was originally trying to get too.
Tutte le risposte (2)
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
I have been using superantispyware,the free version.