Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Cerca nel supporto

Attenzione alle mail truffa. Mozilla non chiederà mai di chiamare o mandare messaggi a un numero di telefono o di inviare dati personali. Segnalare qualsiasi attività sospetta utilizzando l'opzione “Segnala abuso”.

Ulteriori informazioni
Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
Risolto Archiviato

New desktop icon: Linguistic handbook feeds backup.opml

Oldgobbo

Following a restart, Firefox has installed this icon on my desktop: "Linguistic handbook feeds backup.opml", with the Firefox picture.

All it does it is take one to a browser page opening the file on my C drive, and saying blankly: Firefox Live Bookmarks. (Incidentally I cannot see this file listed anywhere under Mozilla in Programs or Programs , so I suppose it is nested in something else.)

I assume I can delete this without damaging Firefox for all eternity, but I am curious to know how it got onto my desktop.

I assume the "linguistic handbook" is not actually what it says but something to do with the many languages Firefox is translated into, yes ? - or does it really deal with catenatives, anaphora, kernel clauses, retorts (et al.) used as a test of auxiliary status, or whatever ?

Following a restart, Firefox has installed this icon on my desktop: "Linguistic handbook feeds backup.opml", with the Firefox picture. All it does it is take one to a browser page opening the file on my C drive, and saying blankly: Firefox Live Bookmarks. (Incidentally I cannot see this file listed anywhere under Mozilla in Programs or Programs , so I suppose it is nested in something else.) I assume I can delete this without damaging Firefox for all eternity, but I am curious to know how it got onto my desktop. I assume the "linguistic handbook" is not actually what it says but something to do with the many languages Firefox is translated into, yes ? - or does it really deal with catenatives, anaphora, kernel clauses, retorts (et al.) used as a test of auxiliary status, or whatever ?

Tutte le risposte (2)

It's not a Firefox internal file. It looks like a backup of your RSS feed. If you don't need it, it can be deleted.

Soluzione scelta

@TyDraniu Many thanks. The odd thing is that I don't have an RSS feed, but what the hell..... Best, o.g.