Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Cerca nel supporto

Attenzione alle mail truffa. Mozilla non chiederà mai di chiamare o mandare messaggi a un numero di telefono o di inviare dati personali. Segnalare qualsiasi attività sospetta utilizzando l'opzione “Segnala abuso”.

Ulteriori informazioni
Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
Risolto Archiviato

firefox thinks my intel mac is power pc

PianoMan72

My Mac Mini is a 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo -- BUT -- when trying to download and install Firefox, it thinks my Mac is a PowerPC processor. I also have 8GB of memory.

How do I remedy this?

My Mac Mini is a 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo -- BUT -- when trying to download and install Firefox, it thinks my Mac is a PowerPC processor. I also have 8GB of memory. How do I remedy this?

Tutte le risposte (4)

Soluzione scelta

Regardless of the processor, Mac OSX 10.8 i not supported in the latest Firefox 49.0 version.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/49.0/releasenotes/

Ended Firefox for Mac support for OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8.

https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2016/04/29/update-on-firefox-support-for-os-x/

"Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) 45 will continue to support OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8 until mid-2017, but this ESR release will be the last that supports them."

Also see https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-osx on your options since you have OSX 10.8.5 and not 10.9 or later.

Not sure why you would get a message about PowerPC while on a Intel system.

THANK YOU "the-edmeister" and "james" for your VERY HELPFUL replies. Because of a piece of legacy software, that is no longer available and does NOT run on later Mac operating systems, I must keep an older Mac on an older OS. Yet, at times, when I am on that Mac, I would like to be able to use Firefox. BOTH of you provided me with an EXCELLENT, workable solution.

Again -- Thank you!

The ESR builds generally gets eight updates so Firefox 45.8.0esr will be released when Firefox 53.0 is unless Mozilla decides to extend support of 45 esr alongside 52 esr.