Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Cerca nel supporto

Attenzione alle mail truffa. Mozilla non chiederà mai di chiamare o mandare messaggi a un numero di telefono o di inviare dati personali. Segnalare qualsiasi attività sospetta utilizzando l'opzione “Segnala abuso”.

Ulteriori informazioni
Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
Risolto Archiviato

Print to PDF doesn't work from the File menu

Rabelais

I can print to PDF from Print Preview but when doing it directly from the File menu it doesn't work. I get a "Save Document as PDF dialog, but after entering a file name and clicking Save it goes away without saving the file or presenting an error message. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ron

I can print to PDF from Print Preview but when doing it directly from the File menu it doesn't work. I get a "Save Document as PDF dialog, but after entering a file name and clicking Save it goes away without saving the file or presenting an error message. Thoughts? Thanks, Ron

Tutte le risposte (3)

Soluzione scelta

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/printpdf/ Version 0.76.1-signed.1-signed Last Updated: January 21, 2010

Long time since it was last updated, and with no contact information for the developer it's hard to ask about a fix. Based upon the GUID for that extension printpdf@pavlov.net - I think that extension created by a former Mozilla developer who left Mozilla back in April 2013. https://blog.pavlov.net/

Best suggestion I can offer is to disable the PrintEdit extension and see if it is causing that issue. Print Edit does contain a "PDF" feature, so I wonder if that might be affecting that printpdf menu item.

Well, I feel foolish. I didn't realize that I was using two different add-ons.

Removing Print Edit (prints to PDF from Print Preview) didn't fix PrintPDF (prints to PDF from File menu). The PrintPDF add-on description says it's for Firefox 3 only, but it doesn't get filtered out by "Works with" at Add-ons search (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=print+pdf&appver=46.0&platform=windows ).

I reinstalled the functional Print Edit and removed the non-functional PrintPDF. Having to go through Print Preview is better than thinking I'm saving pages when I'm not.

Thanks again,

Ron

You're welcome.