Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
How to install 64 bit Firefox on Windows 10
I'm running Windows 10 Home, 64 bit and Firefox 42 32 bit. What is the proper way to install Firefox 43 64 bit? I've downloaded the 64 bit package, but it wants to install in Program Files (x86) instead of the proper (for 64 bit programs) Program Files. I was hesitant to change the installation directory thinking this would result in leftover Firefox 32 bit files in Program Files (x86). Am I better off letting Firefox update itself to 43 and would this result in a 64 bit upgrade install?
Tutte le risposte (2)
Did you uninstall the 32 bit version of Firefox?
Do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder before (re)installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- Download the Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including data in profiles created by other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you uninstall and (re)install or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.
Yeahbut. This is the sort of detail the Installer program should sort out. Things like this will catch even techy users out, so what chance for anyone who just wants to use a great browser?!