Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Arquivado

Do I need to update to the most recent version of Firefox?

Dayamataji

Do I need to opdate to the latest version of Firefox? I get a message that says the version I'm using is insecure. See Troubleshooting Information. I already asked this question, but got this message: Thank you! Your question will appear on the site as soon as you confirm your email address. You should receive an email shortly with a link to confirm. This is the link I was taken to. Thanks for your help!

Do I need to opdate to the latest version of Firefox? I get a message that says the version I'm using is insecure. See Troubleshooting Information. I already asked this question, but got this message: Thank you! Your question will appear on the site as soon as you confirm your email address. You should receive an email shortly with a link to confirm. This is the link I was taken to. Thanks for your help!

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

Yes, you really need to upgrade to the latest version if you want the latest security fixes to be applied. Right now the most secure versions (Supported by Mozilla) are 6.0.2 and 3.6.22.


If you're using 4.0, 4.0.1, 5.0 or 5.0.1 you have to immediately upgrade to 6 (recommended) or downgrade to 3.6.22. Those versions have security problems and no longer supported by security fixes from Mozilla. The people who're using those versions are open to attacks.


If this helped you, hit 'Solved it'.

Hamid Moazzami modificouno o

Thanks for your faster than the speed of light help!!! Good thing for us 'kiddies' there's people like you!