Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

Not able to recieve emails

mzturner1

Good day,

I have a site that I use for my Tia Chi Walking classes and lately I'm not receiving any communications from them. I've reported the issue to their support team and they responded with this error they've received when they try to send an email to me from the site: https://esmerise.com

smtp; 421 4.4.1 Unable to connect to remote host | 421 | TransientCommunicationFailure

The email address that I use is from my ISP Spectrum.net, however I use Thunderbird to sync all my emails. I contacted Spectrum support and they are not seeing this error, all emails appear to be coming through with them.

Please advise if anyone has experienced this issue and if so, how was it resolved.

Thank you Billie

Good day, I have a site that I use for my Tia Chi Walking classes and lately I'm not receiving any communications from them. I've reported the issue to their support team and they responded with this error they've received when they try to send an email to me from the site: https://esmerise.com smtp; 421 4.4.1 Unable to connect to remote host | 421 | TransientCommunicationFailure The email address that I use is from my ISP Spectrum.net, however I use Thunderbird to sync all my emails. I contacted Spectrum support and they are not seeing this error, all emails appear to be coming through with them. Please advise if anyone has experienced this issue and if so, how was it resolved. Thank you Billie

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

That is a server error, not one that was generated by or has anything to do with Thunderbird.

Do I understand you correctly, that people who are trying to send email to you are receiving this error message? It usually means that their sending (SMTP) server is not responding. It's usually temporary, but could indicate more serious problems on the server end. If I'm misunderstanding, please clarify.

If YOU are seeing this error message while trying to send a message, it suggests that either Spectrum's servers are not working properly or you have wrong server settings in Thunderbird.

I'm not clear about what esmerise.com has to do with it, unless it's their sending servers that are malfunctioning.

If Spectrum is involved, it's very possible that they are having server troubles and either won't admit it, or their support people don't know about it. They have been having unresolved intermittent problems for months.

Thank you for your response. I've forwarded this information to Esmerise and Spectrum's support teams. As far as I'm concerned with your assistance this issue is not Mozilla's, but on their end. Which neither of them have yet to adequately research, resolve, and/or explain.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.