Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

The red Delete button in Account Settings does nothing.

cyrusmagnus

I want to delete an account.

When I go to the account (which is not the default btw) and I click the red "Delete" button, nothing happens. No dialog, no nothing. I could click it all day, it's just a button. The click handler for it is clearly not working. It's either trying to call the wrong method, or the method is erroring out. It's just a button, being clicked.

Is there a way to manually delete an account from my Thunderbird without trying to use this **very clearly broken** button?

I have version 156. There is no account actions button so there is no "remove account" interface any longer. I have searched the internet high and low already and am at my wits end on this.

It really should be as easy as "Click the Delete button under Account Settings and then click confirm."

I've also seen several other people online post this exact same issue without resolution. What's up?

If you don't know the answer, please don't waste my time with "maybe this" or "maybe that" answers.

Thank you.

I want to delete an account. When I go to the account (which is not the default btw) and I click the red "Delete" button, nothing happens. No dialog, no nothing. I could click it all day, it's just a button. The click handler for it is clearly not working. It's either trying to call the wrong method, or the method is erroring out. It's just a button, being clicked. Is there a way to manually delete an account from my Thunderbird without trying to use this **very clearly broken** button? I have version 156. There is no account actions button so there is no "remove account" interface any longer. I have searched the internet high and low already and am at my wits end on this. It really should be as easy as "Click the Delete button under Account Settings and then click confirm." I've also seen several other people online post this exact same issue without resolution. What's up? If you don't know the answer, please don't waste my time with "maybe this" or "maybe that" answers. Thank you.

All Replies (1)

cyrusmagnus said

I want to delete an account. When I go to the account (which is not the default btw) and I click the red "Delete" button, nothing happens. No dialog, no nothing. I could click it all day, it's just a button. The click handler for it is clearly not working. It's either trying to call the wrong method, or the method is erroring out. It's just a button, being clicked. Is there a way to manually delete an account from my Thunderbird without trying to use this **very clearly broken** button? Thank you.

It's a simple bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2069041, getting some progress.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.