Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

I downloaded Firefox 155 and my book marks disappeared? Where are they and how do I get them back?

markofny

Hi! I reached out on Friday and was sent a code that expired in 5 minutes, missed the deadline and had to leave the library. I updated Firefox to 155 and can't find my bookmarks. Also found that a Microsoft update included Goggle Chrome that I uninstalled. Please advise on getting my bookmarks back thank you. I only have 30 minutes left on line. Thank you for all the work you volunteers are doing, greatly appreciated! Mark

Hi! I reached out on Friday and was sent a code that expired in 5 minutes, missed the deadline and had to leave the library. I updated Firefox to 155 and can't find my bookmarks. Also found that a Microsoft update included Goggle Chrome that I uninstalled. Please advise on getting my bookmarks back thank you. I only have 30 minutes left on line. Thank you for all the work you volunteers are doing, greatly appreciated! Mark

All Replies (5)

Thank you for your quick response. I will be going off-line until tomorrow morning and look forward to reading your suggestions. Most appreciated! Mark

Mark, please read the links. The suggestions are posted there already.

Hi jbr, Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Earlier I went through the links, and didn't find my bookmarks. I did find links to .jsonLZ4 files and don't know how to hope them, or what data they contain, do you? If so, please send the info to access the bookmarks. Most appreciated, Mark

Yes, you can preview them using a tool e.g. here: jscher2000.github.io/Firefox-File-Utilities/bookbackreader.html to see if they are the right file — whether they contain the expected data.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.