Localization discussions

Dutch (Nederlands) (nl)

1. This is the main L10n forum thread for localizers who translate SUMO into Dutch (Nederlands) (nl) Please note, all globally important updates will be posted in the main forum as usual.

Please use this thread to communicate, post updates, ask questions and greet new localizers.

Useful Links (if you want to add something here, please PM me)

Locale group

Locale Leaders, Reviewers

Articles that need work - the dashboard

Community hub - l10n

Global l10n team (MozWiki)

Getting started with localizing SUMO

This is the main L10n forum thread for localizers who translate SUMO into '''Dutch (Nederlands) (nl)''' Please note, all '''globally''' important updates will be posted in the main forum as usual. Please use this thread to communicate, post updates, ask questions and greet new localizers. '''Useful Links''' (if you want to add something here, please [https://support.mozilla.org/user/vesper PM me]) [https://support.mozilla.org/groups/dutch-localization Locale group] [https://support.mozilla.org/kb/locales/nl Locale Leaders, Reviewers] [https://support.mozilla.org/nl/localization Articles that need work - the dashboard] [https://support.mozilla.org/community/top-contributors/l10n?locale=nl Community hub - l10n] [https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Teams:nl Global l10n team (MozWiki)] [https://support.mozilla.org/kb/localize-mozilla-support Getting started with localizing SUMO]
  2. Hey everybody, new translator reporting for duty.

The name's Tom, I live in Belgium so you might notice some belgicisms in my translations, sorry about that in advance. I'm still working on getting rid of them. I've translated quite a bunch already on several locations, including Steam Translation. I've got a masters degree in Computer Science, but translating is a hobby of mine as well. That usually helps me a lot when translating anything technology related. This week will still be busy for me, but once I've got some free time I'll contact Tonnes and start reading up on the documentation here.

Kind regards, Tom

Hey everybody, new translator reporting for duty. The name's Tom, I live in Belgium so you might notice some belgicisms in my translations, sorry about that in advance. I'm still working on getting rid of them. I've translated quite a bunch already on several locations, including Steam Translation. I've got a masters degree in Computer Science, but translating is a hobby of mine as well. That usually helps me a lot when translating anything technology related. This week will still be busy for me, but once I've got some free time I'll contact Tonnes and start reading up on the documentation here. Kind regards, Tom
  3. Hello Tom!

Great to hear from you! Don't worry about being Belgian, we are all from somewhere here, you know ;-)

It's always fun to work along someone with extensive experience like yours, so on behalf of our community: we're looking forward to seeing more of you around!

If you have any questions, do let me know.

Cheers, Michał

Hello Tom! Great to hear from you! Don't worry about being Belgian, we are all from somewhere here, you know ;-) It's always fun to work along someone with extensive experience like yours, so on behalf of our community: we're looking forward to seeing more of you around! If you have any questions, do let me know. Cheers, Michał
  4. Hey there :-) [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gzOEkmn6jeZkOIn1M7jVxFBdzvtbX_SL5UztI61KtLs/edit#heading=h.tncttxni2q6v I need you help with something special... Please take a look and let me know if you have any questions.] Have a nice weekend!
  5. Perhaps you may be interested in my post:

Cross Link
    L10n of Get community support /forums/l10n-forum/712121

The Dutch Get community support -> /nl/kb/get-community-support -> /nl/kb/ondersteuning-van-de-gemeenschap-ver... Lists only English Language resources.
    Recent opgeloste vragen over Mozilla-software (en) Mozilla-nieuwsgroepen voor ondersteuning (en) MozillaZine-forums (en) Waar kan ik terecht voor ontwikkelaarsondersteuning?

That should include Dutch language support fora where they exist. In this instance the forum I am aware of is

Perhaps you may be interested in my post: Cross Link<br/>L10n of [[Get community support]] [/forums/l10n-forum/712121] <blockquote> The Dutch [[Get community support]] -> [/nl/kb/get-community-support] -> [/nl/kb/ondersteuning-van-de-gemeenschap-verkrijgen] Lists only English Language resources. <blockquote> Recent opgeloste vragen over Mozilla-software (en) Mozilla-nieuwsgroepen voor ondersteuning (en) MozillaZine-forums (en) Waar kan ik terecht voor ontwikkelaarsondersteuning? </blockquote> That should include Dutch language support fora where they exist. In this instance the forum I am aware of is * mozbrowser.nl ** and mozilla-nl.org but that is not a forum, and links back to mozbrowser.nl</blockquote>
  6. more options

John99 said

and mozilla-nl.org but that is not a forum, and links back to mozbrowser.nl

You're right;   it does link back to this forum:   the Dutch   version   ........
    I wanted to give him the option:   stay on   'our'  site or switch to the   'Dutch'  site.
    You do what you think is best,   though .

''John99 [[#post-69881|said]]'' <blockquote> and mozilla-nl.org but that is not a forum, and links back to mozbrowser.nl </blockquote> You're right; &nbsp; it does link back to this forum: &nbsp; the '''Dutch''' &nbsp; version &nbsp; ........<BR> I wanted to give him the option: &nbsp; stay on &nbsp; 'our'&nbsp; site or switch to the &nbsp; 'Dutch'&nbsp; site.<BR> You do what you think is best, &nbsp; though .
  7. Happy112 said

You're right;   it does link back to this forum:   the Dutch   version   ........
    I wanted to give him the option:   stay on   'our'  site or switch to the   'Dutch'  site.
    You do what you think is best,   though .

The Dutch version of this site is largly an illusion. The interface may change slightly but it is still posting in the English language Sumo support.mozilla.org forum

On the other hand (At least for now - no idea what happens when we migrate) some locales have their own sections with posts in their own languages.

''Happy112 [[#post-69887|said]]'' <blockquote> You're right; &nbsp; it does link back to this forum: &nbsp; the '''Dutch''' &nbsp; version &nbsp; ........<BR> I wanted to give him the option: &nbsp; stay on &nbsp; 'our'&nbsp; site or switch to the &nbsp; 'Dutch'&nbsp; site.<BR> You do what you think is best, &nbsp; though . </blockquote> The '''Dutch''' version of this site is largly an illusion. The interface may change slightly but it is still posting in the English language Sumo support.mozilla.org forum On the other hand (At least for now - no idea what happens when we migrate) some locales have their own sections with posts in their own languages. * '''See [/questions/dashboard/metrics]''' ** [/cs/questions/all cs] ** [/es/questions/all es] ** [/hu/questions/all hu] ** '''[/pt-BR/questions/all pt-BR]''' <== probably the most active ** [/sl/questions/all sl] ** [/sr/questions/all sr] * '''Compare:''' [/en-US/questions/all en_US] & [/nl/questions/all nl] they are the same.
  8. more options
    The Dutch version of this site is largly an illusion. The interface may change slightly but it is still posting in the English language Sumo support.mozilla.org forum

I gave him another option:   stay put   (so to speak)   and I'll translate   (if necessary).

<blockquote> The '''Dutch''' version of this site is largly an illusion. The interface may change slightly but it is still posting in the English language Sumo support.mozilla.org forum </blockquote> I gave him another option: &nbsp; stay put &nbsp; (so to speak) &nbsp; and I'll translate &nbsp; (if necessary).<BR>
  9. Hello everyone, I'm Gerdjan a senior policy officer at the Dutch government and available to translate into Dutch, preferably from English, although I master some French and German, but not enough to translate into those languages.

Hello everyone, I'm Gerdjan a senior policy officer at the Dutch government and available to translate into Dutch, preferably from English, although I master some French and German, but not enough to translate into those languages.
  10. Ik stel me maar even voor en verwijs graag naar mijn profiel zodat jullie weten wat mijn bijdrage zou kunnen zijn. Ik ga inmiddels verder op zoek naar de nog te vertalen aspecten....Oh ja: Gelukkig nieuw jaar (2018)

Ik stel me maar even voor en verwijs graag naar mijn profiel zodat jullie weten wat mijn bijdrage zou kunnen zijn. Ik ga inmiddels verder op zoek naar de nog te vertalen aspecten....Oh ja: Gelukkig nieuw jaar (2018)
  11. Hi there,

Here's the new kid on the block, eager to translate some of those tough technical stuff into crisp and crystal clear Dutch texts. I'm not a whizz kid or a tech head, but just someone who's fond of languages, neat translations and easy-to-read texts. That's it.

Hi there, Here's the new kid on the block, eager to translate some of those tough technical stuff into crisp and crystal clear Dutch texts. I'm not a whizz kid or a tech head, but just someone who's fond of languages, neat translations and easy-to-read texts. That's it.
  12. Hello Protzl!

Welcome on board :) We're always happy to have more people helping out and making the site more international.

If you want to get started, please:

• Read our set of localization guidelines, starting on this page.
    • Contact Tonnes, who's a localization legend and can definitely help you out in the beginning (plus, he'll be reviewing your translations).
    • Let me know if there's anything else you need help with.

Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing you around!

Cheers, Michał

Hello Protzl! Welcome on board :) We're always happy to have more people helping out and making the site more international. If you want to get started, please: * Read our set of localization guidelines, [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/localize-mozilla-support starting on this page]. * Contact [https://support.mozilla.org/nl/user/Tonnes Tonnes], who's a localization legend and can definitely help you out in the beginning (plus, he'll be reviewing your translations). * Let me know if there's anything else you need help with. Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing you around! Cheers, Michał
  13. Hi! Introducing myself as translator into Dutch, my name is Arnold. I sent Tonnes a first message, telling him about my capacities in just a few lines. This message to you, Michal, is also a first, and rather short, for the same reason: I'm reading around about how my way with words can be of the best use for Sumo. :-)

But surely, more of the getting to know me wil follow in time.

Read you! ;-)

Arnold, 0031

Hi! Introducing myself as translator into Dutch, my name is Arnold. I sent Tonnes a first message, telling him about my capacities in just a few lines. This message to you, Michal, is also a first, and rather short, for the same reason: I'm reading around about how my way with words can be of the best use for Sumo. :-) But surely, more of the getting to know me wil follow in time. Read you! ;-) Arnold, 0031
  14. more options

Hi there! I’m Sibian and I volunteer for Mozilla Support. I live in Belgium and I’m a student Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. I would like to translate from English to Dutch and reversed. I think it’s a first step for me to diving into the world of Mozilla. After the translation part, I hope I could join the developer side of Mozilla. But first things first, contact me if I need to translate something. I would love to help the community!

With the best regards, Sibian

Beste, Ik ben Sibian en ik doe vrijwilligerswerk voor de support van Mozilla. Ik woon in België en ik ben een student Bachelor of Science in de informatica. I zou graag vertalen van het Engels naar het Nederlands en omgekeerd. I denk dat het een eerste stap is om in de wereld te duiken van Mozilla. Na het vertalen, zou ik graag developer willen worden bij Mozilla. Maar eerst bij het begin starten, dus als ik iets kan vertalen, dan mag je me altijd contacteren. I zou heel graag de community willen helpen!

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Sibian

Hi there! I’m Sibian and I volunteer for Mozilla Support. I live in Belgium and I’m a student Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. I would like to translate from English to Dutch and reversed. I think it’s a first step for me to diving into the world of Mozilla. After the translation part, I hope I could join the developer side of Mozilla. But first things first, contact me if I need to translate something. I would love to help the community! With the best regards, Sibian ------------------------------ Beste, Ik ben Sibian en ik doe vrijwilligerswerk voor de support van Mozilla. Ik woon in België en ik ben een student Bachelor of Science in de informatica. I zou graag vertalen van het Engels naar het Nederlands en omgekeerd. I denk dat het een eerste stap is om in de wereld te duiken van Mozilla. Na het vertalen, zou ik graag developer willen worden bij Mozilla. Maar eerst bij het begin starten, dus als ik iets kan vertalen, dan mag je me altijd contacteren. I zou heel graag de community willen helpen! Met vriendelijke groeten, Sibian
  15. Hi SUMO I'm Samuel and I'm currently studying CS in Belgium. I'd love to translate from English to Dutch. My username refers one of the greatest works in literature and is also a reference to the fox in firefox. Kind regards Samuel

Hi SUMO I'm Samuel and I'm currently studying CS in Belgium. I'd love to translate from English to Dutch. My username refers one of the greatest works in literature and is also a reference to the fox in firefox. Kind regards Samuel
  16. reynaertTheFox said

Hi SUMO I'm Samuel and I'm currently studying CS in Belgium. I'd love to translate from English to Dutch. My username refers one of the greatest works in literature and is also a reference to the fox in firefox. Kind regards Samuel

Hallo Samuel, Welkom op dit forum en welkom bij Mozilla. Lees voordat je begint met vertalen de hierboven genoemde artikelen even door. Als je vragen hebt, kun je die hier stellen. Meer informatie volgt later.

Met vriendelijke groeten, Wim

''reynaertTheFox [[#post-76044|said]]'' <blockquote> Hi SUMO I'm Samuel and I'm currently studying CS in Belgium. I'd love to translate from English to Dutch. My username refers one of the greatest works in literature and is also a reference to the fox in firefox. Kind regards Samuel </blockquote> Hallo Samuel, Welkom op dit forum en welkom bij Mozilla. Lees voordat je begint met vertalen de hierboven genoemde artikelen even door. Als je vragen hebt, kun je die hier stellen. Meer informatie volgt later. Met vriendelijke groeten, Wim
  17. Ha allen,

Ik ben Carola, tekstschrijver/schrijftrainer. Omdat ik sommige Mozilla-teksten nogal moeizaam vind klinken en soms ook fouten zie, vond ik dat ik dan maar zelf aan de bak moest :-). Ik ben geen vertaler, maar ik denk dat ik toch wel kan helpen.

Carola

Ha allen, Ik ben Carola, tekstschrijver/schrijftrainer. Omdat ik sommige Mozilla-teksten nogal moeizaam vind klinken en soms ook fouten zie, vond ik dat ik dan maar zelf aan de bak moest :-). Ik ben geen vertaler, maar ik denk dat ik toch wel kan helpen. Carola
  18. Beste Carola, Welkom op dit forum en welkom bij Mozilla. Leuk dat je wilt helpen met het vertalen en eventueel verbeteren van bestaande artikelen. We zijn na wat recente wijzigingen nog bezig om onze gemeenschap te reorganiseren, dus voor ons is het ook nog even bepalen wie wat gaat doen. Lees vooral het bovenste bericht en alle bijbehorende koppelingen door en je kan los met de vertalingen. Als je vragen hebt, dan horen we dat graag.

Met vriendelijke groeten, Wim

Beste Carola, Welkom op dit forum en welkom bij Mozilla. Leuk dat je wilt helpen met het vertalen en eventueel verbeteren van bestaande artikelen. We zijn na wat recente wijzigingen nog bezig om onze gemeenschap te reorganiseren, dus voor ons is het ook nog even bepalen wie wat gaat doen. Lees vooral het bovenste bericht en alle bijbehorende koppelingen door en je kan los met de vertalingen. Als je vragen hebt, dan horen we dat graag. Met vriendelijke groeten, Wim
  19. Dank je wel Wim. Ik ben begonnen!

Mijn belangrijkste struikelpunt is het gebruik van 'u' in plaats van 'jij'. Ik besef dat het een monsterklus is, maar ik vind echt dat u té ouderwets, formeel en stijf is voor een community en browser die van deze tijd zijn en overal vervangen zou moeten worden.

Kunnen we daar niet gewoon mee beginnen? U en jij door elkaar is ook niet mooi, maar anders gebeurt het nooit. Als het per artikel is, is het niet zo'n ramp denk ik. En die omslag maken is een goede reden om alle vertalingen weer eens door te lezen.

Wat denken jullie?

Dank je wel Wim. Ik ben begonnen! Mijn belangrijkste struikelpunt is het gebruik van 'u' in plaats van 'jij'. Ik besef dat het een monsterklus is, maar ik vind echt dat u té ouderwets, formeel en stijf is voor een community en browser die van deze tijd zijn en overal vervangen zou moeten worden. Kunnen we daar niet gewoon mee beginnen? U en jij door elkaar is ook niet mooi, maar anders gebeurt het nooit. Als het per artikel is, is het niet zo'n ramp denk ik. En die omslag maken is een goede reden om alle vertalingen weer eens door te lezen. Wat denken jullie?
  20. Formeel (u/uw) of informeel (je/jij/jouw) is onderdeel van een grotere discussie waar we eigenlijk (nog) niet aan zijn begonnen. De artikelen op support.mozilla.org zijn slechts een onderdeel van het grote arsenaal aan onderdelen die worden vertaald. Meer onderdelen zijn te zien op https://pontoon.mozilla.org/nl/. Alles in 1 keer wijzigen is inderdaad een monsterklus en zou met onze beperkte middelen over langere tijd uitgesmeerd moeten worden. In het Duits wordt er al mee geëxperimenteerd, daar wordt op mozilla.org/de het informele du/dich gebruikt, maar op https://support.mozilla.org/de Sie/sich. Wordt vervolgd…(Alt+0133)

Formeel (u/uw) of informeel (je/jij/jouw) is onderdeel van een grotere discussie waar we eigenlijk (nog) niet aan zijn begonnen. De artikelen op support.mozilla.org zijn slechts een onderdeel van het grote arsenaal aan onderdelen die worden vertaald. Meer onderdelen zijn te zien op https://pontoon.mozilla.org/nl/. Alles in 1 keer wijzigen is inderdaad een monsterklus en zou met onze beperkte middelen over langere tijd uitgesmeerd moeten worden. In het Duits wordt er al mee geëxperimenteerd, daar wordt op mozilla.org/de het informele du/dich gebruikt, maar op https://support.mozilla.org/de Sie/sich. Wordt vervolgd…(Alt+0133)
  1. 1
  2. 2