Clicking on tab always closes tab ie the x button is always active. Also dropdowns from menu bar not active. I have reset and reinstalled to no avail.
The desktop application is misbehaving. Clicking on a tab always closes the tab. I can not get access to drop-down menus under file edit history etc. Sometimes many tabs are opened. I have tried resetting and reinstalling without fixing problem. I have also lost drop-down menus in Thunderbird. A scan using Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes showed no infections. This is being sent from a different computer than the one playing up Hope you can help
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Picasa plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00100226006 plugin for Mozilla
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Package Installer & Install Conduit
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
Hi bigal127, Thank you for your question. I see alot going on, and it sounds like the computer is not infected with any viruses! This is good!
You mentioned this was from another computer and some interfaces may be different. What version of Firefox and Thunderbird are you running on the computer that you are having issues? Also what Operating System is running on the other computer?
1. Tabs are minimizing when you click on them This is not a built in preference, please see any add ons that may have been installed that allow you to do this. Also, what part of the tab are you clicking on?
2. Drop Down Menus in Thunderbird Please check which version of Thunderbird you are running. The latest version does not have drop down menus in Windows 7, though it may have in a previous version. Please look for the three horizontal button in the top right corner of the Thunderbird screen and please see the options here from the previous drop down menu.
With more information we are happy to help.
Modified by guigs