I have Mozilla Firefox 25.0.1 browser installed on my laptop (OS-Widows 8). observing some trouble lately while using firefox. It minimises on its own. I was not able to type anything in address bar or search bar. I reset the browser couple of times and then uninstalled it. The problem was not resolved even after installing it again from web.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Have you tried in safe mode? Does this happen sometimes, lots ot times? One web page, some pages, everywhere?
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- On Windows you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- On Mac you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the option key while starting Firefox.
- On Linux you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by quitting Firefox and then going to your Terminal and running: firefox -safe-mode (you may need to specify the Firefox installation path e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Still can't type even in safe mode .. it must have been some key combination I hit by accident while playing my games. What would it be though?? THis has forced me to stop using Firefox. I think it is stupid to have to reset everything to like a brand new install .. there has to be a better way to fix things rather than starting over from scratch. Kinda reminds me of my ex who would just reinstall windows every time there was a problem ..
Two things left to try.
1) Completely remove Firefox, and the FF directory. Then using the FULL installer from Mozilla.org, install it again. Remember to make a list of and passwords and extensions you have. There is a program at the Mozilla Add-ons Web Page. Find the Extensions for Android version here
(There’s a lot of good stuff here) called FEBE. I don't know if there is an android version. This add-on will save your extensions, passwords, history and other things.
2) LAST RESORT ! ! Reset Firefox
Some have reported that pressing F9+Windows one or more times has worked to fix issues with the keyboard not working.