cannot use firefox for in app purchase in google play
Tried to make an in app purchase on google play. would only get blank popup window. Made the purchase with google chrome browser with no problem.
I uninstalled firefox, then I opened windows explorer. In the windows program folder I deleted the firefox folder that remains behind after an uninstall. I downloaded the latest version of firefox and installed it. All is now normal. :-}Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- LastPass Plugin
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- On Windows you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- On Mac you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the option key while starting Firefox.
- On Linux you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by quitting Firefox and then going to your Terminal and running: firefox -safe-mode (you may need to specify the Firefox installation path e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Thanks for your response. I tried your suggestion. It did not solve the issue. I still cannot make an in app purchase with firefox.
I uninstalled firefox, then I opened windows explorer. In the windows program folder I deleted the firefox folder that remains behind after an uninstall. I downloaded the latest version of firefox and installed it. All is now normal. :-}