I have upgraded Firefox four times in the last ten minutes! Explain, please.
At the top of this 'page' is a message saying "Your Firefox is out of date and may contain a security risk!" followed by a green background rectangle with UPGRADE in white. I have done this at least four times and still the message comes up. Help! Please!
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Picasa plugin.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- 20-20 Technologies - 20-20 3D Viewer v184.108.40.206
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Yahoo! Installer Plug-in provides application installation support
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2
In order to better assist you with your issue please provide us with a screenshot. If you need help to create a screenshot, please see How do I create a screenshot of my problem?
Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.
Well, your Firefox is reporting that it's version 3.5.2, so that's probably the issue. Check out this article and see whether it helps: Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version.
Forgot to add: as a test page to view your user agent string, you can use: http://dev.jeffersonscher.com/jstest.asp
Modified by jscher2000
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then best is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox application and save the disk image file to the desktop
- Firefox 24.0: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application (open the Applications folder in the Finder and drag the Firefox application to the Trash) to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your personal data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data when you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.
Note that on Windows such a pop-up can be an 'invitation' to install malware (on Mac this is less likely), so only download and install Firefox from the official Mozilla servers.
What version of Firefox is listed in the Firefox Health Report?