Firefox 21.0: flash videos on youtube demand updating linux flash plugin although the latest version 11,2,202,285 is installed and working at Adobes test site.
Youtube flv-videos generate error message stating i have to update to the latest flash player, although the latest is correctly installed and working at other sites.
Running Firefox 21.0 on Linux, and Adobes flash test reports: "You have version 11,2,202,285 installed", which is the latest flash for linux. Works fine at Adobes site.
Anyone have an explanation for this behaviour?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- The IcedTea NPR Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea6 1.9.10 (fedora-18.104.22.168.fc14-x86_64)) executes Java applets.
- Gecko Media Player 1.0.4Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
- nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.This beta software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- The Totem 2.32.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
I'm also on Linux and I haven't seen such an alert on YouTube with Flash 126.96.36.1995.
Does this happen with all videos on YouTube?
It is probably an add-on issue, currently trying to isolate the one (but quite a few options to go). With all add-ons but flash player disabled youtube playes fine.... Ty for your interest
Modified by WPlinge